Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic Error

Reactions
This has happened twice in the last two days. First time, driving down the road, dash lights up with the Blind Spot and Cross Traffic errors. The climate control loses power, heat turns off and all lights go black, for about 15 seconds, and then resume working as normal. The second time, the door locks stop working and the rear hatch would not open.

The FordPass app is telling me there are communication errors with the transmission control module, engine control module/powertrain control module, door control module, body control module, anti-lock brake system control module, and gateway module.

Anyone dealt with this before? Is this something a simple battery disconnect would fix, or does it need to go in to the dealership.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I had this happen within the first week of owning my 2020. Well, not the screens going blank, but all the module communication errors. I checked the battery, and it was crapping out. Quick fix while I waited at the dealership.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Sounds like Canbus errors. Try a battery disconnect- or like @MikeyP suggests- you're getting problems from a compromised battery.