Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Best Oil Catch Can

Yort3000

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey Y’all,

I’m looking to get an oil catch can for my ST. Who makes the best oil catch can with a large capacity and some nice looking fittings?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm actually designing one as we speak. Aluminum, TIG welded, 10an fittings (5/8" line), internally baffled and vented to atomsphere.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Hey Y’all,

I’m looking to get an oil catch can for my ST. Who makes the best oil catch can with a large capacity and some nice looking fittings?
UPR is the best, but J&L does 95% of the job and is half as much.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
The J&L is also easier to install.

Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
I prefer the looks of the Mishimoto but I grabbed a JLT today on a deal I could not pass on. I've had good success with them in the past as well. Looking forward to installing it!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I went Mishimoto due to price. Otherwise would have gone UPR. Easy install and no regrets.

F=MA

Reactions
I have had UPR in the past. It would capture a few ounces of oily condensate every 5000 miles. Grabbed a Mishimoto for the new ST. How much oily condensate are you getting with the Mishimoto??

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
JLT for me. Used them in my mustangs for years and they never disappoint.

Plus, the price is right.

Supreme Ruler

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I'm liking the way this catch can looks, please, tell me more! When is the Beta testing going to happen? I'll volunteer! What's the cost going to be and does it cover all of the crank case issues?
Regards

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Outside of the almighty dollar it's going to come down to preference I think. For the most par the function of them is really similar on the ones listed. I went with mishimoto the same time I did hood struts and was shopping for the intercooler. Easy to get to and looks super clean like some have mentioned.

Explorer ST Posts