Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

BC Forged EH181

Reactions
That’s part of the Street Pack...larger rotors and coated calipers.
10-4. I have them but mine must be dirty as yours look newly painted or coated. Lol

apsuard

Reactions
$4100 and it’s hard to have fitment pics when they just shipped today. The tires will be dead flush with the fenders though.
Wheels look awesome! Why not go with 305/40 to fill out the finder more. I’m thinking 22x10.5 et 35 with 305/40 tires and 5 mm spacer in rear. Will that work do you think with H&R lowering springs?

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Wheels look awesome! Why not go with 305/40 to fill out the finder more. I’m thinking 22x10.5 et 35 with 305/40 tires and 5 mm spacer in rear. Will that work do you think with H&R lowering springs?
I was gonna do the same but 305/40 is almost an inch larger in diameter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apsuard

Reactions
I was gonna do the same but 305/40 is almost an inch larger in diameter.

But it is closer to stock rolling diameter if you consider stock is 255/55/20 for most explorers. I just want the most tire that will fit

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
But it is closer to stock rolling diameter if you consider stock is 255/55/20 for most explorers. I just want the most tire that will fit
Stock ST are 275/45/21

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #27
Oem 21’s are 30.7” tall. 305/35’s are 30.4...you’re not gonna notice 1.5mm difference in filling out the fenderwell. A 305/40 is 31.6”....and with the drop coils and offset I run that extra ~1/2” would rub the fender liner when turning. If you dial the rear camber to -.5* no spacer is needed out back. The wheels are all dead flush.

apsuard

Reactions
Oem 21’s are 30.7” tall. 305/35’s are 30.4...you’re not gonna notice 1.5mm difference in filling out the fenderwell. A 305/40 is 31.6”....and with the drop coils and offset I run that extra ~1/2” would rub the fender liner when turning. If you dial the rear camber to -.5* no spacer is needed out back. The wheels are all dead flush.
Thanks for the information. I have 305/35 MPSS square on my wife’s Q7 and it looks killer.

What lowering kit did you go with? Coming from M5s and my E63 I’m accustomed to adjustability and not a set height with springs.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #29
Thanks for the information. I have 305/35 MPSS square on my wife’s Q7 and it looks killer.

What lowering kit did you go with? Coming from M5s and my E63 I’m accustomed to adjustability and not a set height with springs.
There’s only 2 options for this new platform.
Steeda with 1/1 drop springs and H&R with 1.6/1.75 which is what I have. Many of us are hoping for something better in the future.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Mine were completed today and shipped.
22x10.5 +30 offset getting wrapped in 305/35’s
I asked for some extra sauce on the gloss and it looks like they obliged me.
View attachment 1220
View attachment 1221
Hey there - quick question for you, if you don't mind. I just ordered these wheels for my 2022 ST. It looks like I can get either 305/35ZR22's like you have or 305/40ZR22's. If I don't intend on lowering my ST, will the 40's be okay? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reactions
Hey there - quick question for you, if you don't mind. I just ordered these wheels for my 2022 ST. It looks like I can get either 305/35ZR22's like you have or 305/40ZR22's. If I don't intend on lowering my ST, will the 40's be okay? Thanks in advance for any advice.
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/bc-forged-eh181.574/post-6065

Inception Edit:
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/bc-forged-eh181.574/post-55445
reiteration - Definition- see "Reiteration"
lol
Just bored and having a laugh. Sorry to bubble this thread needlessly.

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
@Busychild lol. I like that you linked @VanHellion to a post literally three posts above theirs....

@VanHellion if its not clear, the rub point is on a spot on the fenderwell where a lowering kit or not doesn't matter. its the rear-most part of the fenderwell about 6 inches up from the bottom.

that being said.... I'm running 305/40s on the same spec wheel (different mfg) and steeda springs and i dont rub. every tire measures differently, so if you go with the bigger diameter tire its a gamble. personally, my Toyos dont rub but ive heard that michelins and pirelli are gonna be a bit bigger and might rub.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
@Busychild lol. I like that you linked @VanHellion to a post literally three posts above theirs....

@VanHellion if its not clear, the rub point is on a spot on the fenderwell where a lowering kit or not doesn't matter. its the rear-most part of the fenderwell about 6 inches up from the bottom.

that being said.... I'm running 305/40s on the same spec wheel (different mfg) and steeda springs and i dont rub. every tire measures differently, so if you go with the bigger diameter tire its a gamble. personally, my Toyos dont rub but ive heard that michelins and pirelli are gonna be a bit bigger and might rub.
Hey guys - thanks for the responses. I actually missed the 305/40 post just a few steps up on this page. Apologies for that. You answered my question though so again, thanks for the input. I am going to order those tires today.

Eh69758

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
yeeesh look good. the h&r springs look to be the way to go

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Damn these wheels look amazing! Great job