Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Battery Replacement

Reactions
Who all out here has had their first factory battery replaced? Mine crapped out on my 2020 with 40k miles and Ford is charging me a ridiculous amount of $345. Also, front driver side window won't roll down after the jump to get it over to the service dept. Anyone experience weird electrical issues after the battery died?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Battery Part # BAGM-48H6-760 price about $250 (More or Less)

I would just replace the battery yourself.

Windows Programming.
  1. Start the engine.
  2. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully open.
  3. Release the window control switch.
  4. NOTE: All of the remaining steps must be carried out within 30 seconds from start to finish.
    Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds.
  5. Release the window control switch.
  6. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully open position for 2 seconds.
  7. Release the window control switch.
  8. Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds.
  9. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch down and one-touch up features.

Last edited:
OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Looks like there may be other electrical issues per the call with Ford today. Aside from that, need to get parts in for the transfer case that I have been waiting three months for. PITA.....

LondonST

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I have had the window issue so thank you Stone17 I hope this fix works.....I had mine in the dealership a month ago(had to pay diagnosis fee) and within days it the windows bounce back down and wont go up all the way. total pain in the ass. you have 1 job to do.....just work. this is 40 yr old technology that they cant get right. lets hope this works.