Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Axle's leaking grease

Reactions
Anyone seen this? Mechanic is recommending complete replacement of the front axles.

Reactions
My 20 ST was leaking grease on the garage floor on both sides. Turns out the boots were both torn right by the clamp. I suspect the clamps were not properly installed at the factory. The best part is that there are NO axles for either side available anywhere in the country, and there is no forecast on when they might arrive. I've been waiting 3 weeks now. Back ordered is all they say.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
My 20 ST was leaking grease on the garage floor on both sides. Turns out the boots were both torn right by the clamp. I suspect the clamps were not properly installed at the factory. The best part is that there are NO axles for either side available anywhere in the country, and there is no forecast on when they might arrive. I've been waiting 3 weeks now. Back ordered is all they say.
I got the same feedback as well. I would imagine this has to be under warranty correct?

Reactions
I hope so, but the service manager mumbled something about maybe they got torn when I was putting in the springs or the brakes. We will discuss that when they have it on the lift and it is obvious that could not be the case.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I hope so, but the service manager mumbled something about maybe they got torn when I was putting in the springs or the brakes. We will discuss that when they have it on the lift and it is obvious that could not be the case.
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of.

Bricke Brookshire

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I've had the same issue, replaced the left and now the right is slinging grease. Waiting on CV joint now.

Reactions

aggravating how they are always trying to deny warranty claims, it makes little sense to me as they get paid for warranty work