Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FS Autostop Eliminator

Eubee

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I have an auto start/stop eliminator from my '23 ST for sale.
Used for about 45 days.
Just traded the ST in yesterday.
Will ship to lower 48.
$75 shipped via USPS.

Attachments

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I know you said you haven't had it long, but they are only 100 bucks new. You might want to lower your price some. For the extra 25 I would just buy new, then I would have recourse if it arrives DOA or damaged. But buying used is buyer beware, and stuff gets damaged in transit all the time.

Last edited:

Blizzard

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My 23 ST has a place to disable the auto start stop on the display. When did they add this choice, I ordered one of the auto start stop eliminators before my car came in and I found out I did not need one so will have to send it back.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
They all came with that button. it only disables the ASS for that key cycle. next time you drive the car you will have to turn it off again. Keep the eliminator, it remembers your last choice, then you won't have to turn it off every time.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
If you can remember to buckle your seat belt, you can remember to hit the disable button each time you start the ST.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Yeah, but I want to buckle my seatbelt.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Buckle seatbelt, disable autostop, disable parking brake.......I just want to get in and drive :ROFLMAO:

Blizzard

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
They all came with that button. it only disables the ASS for that key cycle. next time you drive the car you will have to turn it off again. Keep the eliminator, it remembers your last choice, then you won't have to turn it off every time.
I have driven it , started it several times and on different days and it has not once tried to auto stop start. I have not touched any switches yet.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Did you buy the car new? Maybe the previous owner already put in an eliminator?

There are several parameters that has to be met for ASS to work. Also, putting the ST in sport mode disables it, as does having something plugged into the trailer hook up.

Blizzard

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Did you buy the car new? Maybe the previous owner already put in an eliminator?

There are several parameters that has to be met for ASS to work. Also, putting the ST in sport mode disables it, as does having something plugged into the trailer hook up.

The car is brand new I just put 200 miles on it and it has yet shut off and restart when I have been stopped . I found a choice in the settings in the display that I can disable it . It is set to off and I have not touched the auto start stop switch on the console at all. I am as surprised as anyone .