Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Auto Start/Stop Indication

Reactions
When I start the car the Auto start/stop indicator on the dash has a line through it and the auto/start stop works. When I disable auto start/stop via the button in the center console, the button lights up with "OFF" and the icon in the dash disappears. My question is why does the icon have a line through it when it's enabled? Shouldn't it have a line through it when it's disabled?

Reactions
When I start the car the Auto start/stop indicator on the dash has a line through it and the auto/start stop works. When I disable auto start/stop via the button in the center console, the button lights up with "OFF" and the icon in the dash disappears. My question is why does the icon have a line through it when it's enabled? Shouldn't it have a line through it when it's disabled?
Mine does that too, seems backwards.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Even if it's enabled, doesn't mean it is working. There are some factors that allow it to work. For example, if your battery level is not adequate, it won't work even if it's enabled. The icon with the strike-through will display in that case.

Reactions
Even if it's enabled, doesn't mean it is working. There are some factors that allow it to work. For example, if your battery level is not adequate, it won't work even if it's enabled. The icon with the strike-through will display in that case.
No, mine definitely works.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Let's keep this simple, I'm only talking about the line through the symbol vs the setting on the button. I realize there are limitations as to when it will work.

Reactions
Let's keep this simple, I'm only talking about the line through the symbol vs the setting on the button. I realize there are limitations as to when it will work.
For instance if your in a drive through line and you’re moving short distances with small delays in between, it’ll become inactive so as to not start and stop so many times in a row. You’ll see a line through the auto start stop icon. That’s just one parameter where it becomes inactive. Same if your AC is on and the compressor needs to keep running, it won’t auto stop.

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
The little "A" with the slash goes away when I disable mine...

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
For instance if your in a drive through line and you’re moving short distances with small delays in between, it’ll become inactive so as to not start and stop so many times in a row. You’ll see a line through the auto start stop icon. That’s just one parameter where it becomes inactive. Same if your AC is on and the compressor needs to keep running, it won’t auto stop.
Additionally, when it is active, and the engine has shut off, the 'A' turns green to indicate that the auto stop is enabled and operating. I definitely agree, though, that it isn't intuitive..

Reactions
the line is confusing but it means that the engine is running. Like we didnt know that already. given the tach.
i agree, it seems kind of pointless. just make it green when on(engine off), grey when activated (engine running) and either the line or nothing at all for deactivated.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Hmm, I'll have to watch more closely for changes. With less than 400 miles I'm sure there are many things I haven't noticed yet.
Thanks.

Explorer ST Posts