Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Auto Hold Brakes

Reactions
Sometimes my Auto Hold is on, sometimes it is off. Can't figure out why it is disengaging. Manual says it goes off in Reverse when applying brakes. Not with mine. I back in to my garage and it is on in the morning when I leave for work. After work, where I pull in forward to a parking spot, it is off. But not every time. Only sometimes. What is going on?

Reactions
If you are referring to the Auto engine on/off, I notice that if a/c is on, it will not stay on for long as the compressor has to come on when temp changes. If the ST rolls for a short distance, it also cancels for a while. It also matters if the battery is pulling a load and needs to charged, like when the headlights are on. If you are referring to the brakes, I notice that the electric brakes are fussy as to going on and off.

hbalek

Reactions
I notice that if a/c is on, it will not stay on for long as the compressor has to come on when temp changes. If the ST rolls for a short distance, it also cancels for a while. It also matters if the battery is pulling a load and needs to charged, like when the headlights are on.
That may be true for auto start/stop for the engine but auto-hold is a separate feature which doesn't get turned off unless you push the button. I've had my auto-hold engaged for 6 months of ownership and it works every time. Love this feature!

OP
Briancioffi
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Yes, thank you, I was talking about brake auto hold. I would say 50 per cent of the time it is disengaged when I turn the car on. The manual states it really shouldn't ever turn off. I'll bring it in to service. Thank you.