Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Audio system working but no sound.

Walterd

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The master reset I'm referring to is in the touch screen. A reset button is under the setting there. You may have done that but I'm not sure.
Yes, I did it already but doesn’t help

Walterd

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Suddenly audio starts to work again !!! After 4 days without audio the system started to work again and I did not touch anything else !!
Really strange isn’t it ?
This is the 2nd time it happens the same way.
What is wrong with the system ? Is there any upgrade I need to install ?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Suddenly audio starts to work again !!! After 4 days without audio the system started to work again and I did not touch anything else !!
Really strange isn’t it ?
This is the 2nd time it happens the same way.
What is wrong with the system ? Is there any upgrade I need to install ?
I haven't seen an update for the audio. Are you on the latest version of SYNC? It is 3.4.22251

Walterd

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I haven't seen an update for the audio. Are you on the latest version of SYNC? It is 3.4.22251
Sync version is 3,4, this is the picture I took from the screen.

Attachments

Walterd

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thats an old version. You have 21194 and the newest is 22251
Is it a way to update to the newest version ?
How ?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions

Walterd

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Hi, I did the update to the last version. Thank you very much for supporting me on this process. Hopefully this will finally fix the audio problem.
Keep us posted. Good luck.

Super G

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Has anyone experienced radio, gps and all display operational but no sound. Dealer says update of system was required. Happened twice. And input?????
I just got back from the dealer because I was experiencing the same issue, and yes, I tried the “soft” reset and master reset. Apparently a module burned out and needs a replacement. Once they get the part (Mon/Tues), I’ll go back prob Fri to get it replaced. I’ll take a pic of the actual part they replaced for reference.

Super G

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
329D5A02-D2A1-4C69-B391-CF7F92E2B373.jpeg
Has anyone experienced radio, gps and all display operational but no sound. Dealer says update of system was required. Happened twice. And input?????
So this module replaced by the Ford dealer fixed my “no sound/audio” issue.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #32
Good that you’re still under warranty. Wondering what‘s the failure rate for the module and out of pocket cost to replace. Was it a low cost easy remove and replace or something of high level difficulty and cost? If anyone have an idea.

douglas.kirsch11

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer ST
View attachment 17931

So this module replaced by the Ford dealer fixed my “no sound/audio” issue.
Hello,

can you please confirm the part number for the module? I have the same issue, and the dealership wants $900 to replace it. I found some on eBay for $400 and I have the ability to replace it myself. Just want to make sure I’m get the correct part with NAV and everything.

thank you

Doug

Super G

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Hello,

can you please confirm the part number for the module? I have the same issue, and the dealership wants $900 to replace it. I found some on eBay for $400 and I have the ability to replace it myself. Just want to make sure I’m get the correct part with NAV and everything.

thank you

Doug
I believe the part# is listed in the pic…I think it’s the “LB5T18……”

douglas.kirsch11

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer ST
Now that I have the module, anyone know where it is located? I have seen behind a panel in the trunk area, but also maybe behind the head until. Any assistance or photos should be a huge help.

thanks again

Doug

Reactions
Now that I have the module, anyone know where it is located? I have seen behind a panel in the trunk area, but also maybe behind the head until. Any assistance or photos should be a huge help.

thanks again

Doug
Hi Doug, I just also bought one off ebay and did the install and it solved my problem. The module is located in the trunk area on the passenger side. You will have to remove the plastic panels along the interior for easier access. Everything comes off fairly easily.