Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Audio system working but no sound.

calvinruff

Reactions
Has anyone experienced radio, gps and all display operational but no sound. Dealer says update of system was required. Happened twice. And input?????

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
It's happened every now and then with my CarPlay. Everything working but no sound comes through the speakers. Quick reset does the trick.

Hold the radio power and skip forward button at the same time for about 5 seconds. When you see the screen boot back up just let go and you should be good to go.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yep…reboot it like the above posts says. It’ll fix it.

OP
C

calvinruff

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Ok.. Thanks. Hopefully this wI’ll not happen again. If so, I will try. This sounds better than spending 4 hours at the dealership…..You would thank that a reset would be in the owners manual. Or did I miss it ????

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Yeah that would make sense lol. I honestly don’t know if it’s there or not. Saw here or on YouTube a while ago.

Did it work for you?

OP
C

calvinruff

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Carried to dealer. Waited four hours for what was called a system update. Working properly after they did their thing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Yes, it’s in the manual.

D0A0A2D1-8B88-4B2C-969D-746E8826B3AE.jpeg

Walterd

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
It's happened every now and then with my CarPlay. Everything working but no sound comes through the speakers. Quick reset does the trick.

Hold the radio power and skip forward button at the same time for about 5 seconds. When you see the screen boot back up just let go and you should be good to go.
Hi, I’m getting crazy with this problem.
I’m from Chile and this is the 2nd time that sindenly the volume is not working !! I did the reset already by still not working. Volume shows 0 level even if you try to make it louder but volume buttons doesn’t work either.
PLEASE HELP !!!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I had this exact same thing happen on my ST. Just before the battery went completely dead and locked me out. Resets did not solve the problem. On mine, the NAV also quit functioning.

Walterd

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I had this exact same thing happen on my ST. Just before the battery went completely dead and locked me out. Resets did not solve the problem. On mine, the NAV also quit functioning.

please confirme how you solve it, once you got it

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
new battery

Walterd

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
It has only 6000 miles, and battery is working fine. This must not be the reason, I believe

Walterd

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Did you do a soft reset or master reset?
Well, I suppose I did a soft reset (hold the audio power button and the skip fowrard for 5 seconds)
I don’t have any clue how to do a master reset.
The one I also did is a reset system trough the configuration.
I also disconect and reconect the battery but nothing what I did solve the issue.
Volume shows 0 and volume button doesn’t work, neither the volume from the steering wheel.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Well, I suppose I did a soft reset (hold the audio power button and the skip fowrard for 5 seconds)
I also disconect and reconect the battery but nothing what I did solve the issue.
Volume shows 0 and volume button doesn’t work, neither the volume from the steering wheel.
Does the NAV still function, or does it show a symbol (circle with a slash through it)?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The master reset I'm referring to is in the touch screen. A reset button is under the setting there. You may have done that but I'm not sure.

Walterd

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Does the NAV still function, or does it show a symbol (circle with a slash through it)?
Nav is working fine. In some small cases the GPS shows like not working (circle with a slash on it) when going trough a tunel under ground.

Explorer ST Posts