Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone use Apple Watch for remote start?

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Noticed that the FordPass app shows up on my watch. Decided to try the remote start function. Yup, it works.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I used my phone a few times but it's pretty slow. Just use the key FOB now.

Last edited:

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah works pretty good for me.

Reactions
Yes, it worked great! I used it for the Spartan race when I did not want to take anything but the watch. It is also a good redundancy to memorize the door code just in case.

Tommy

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I use shortcuts that query Ford Pass API so that I can just press the button (rather than holding) or tell Siri to start it.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I use shortcuts that query Ford Pass API so that I can just press the button (rather than holding) or tell Siri to start it.
Interesting. I’ll have to try that. Any tips?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah please share. FordPass doesn’t show up in shortcuts for me.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Yeah please share. FordPass doesn’t show up in shortcuts for me.
Same. Thought I was missing something

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Edit: found it.
Setting > Shortcuts > inable private sharing
Then the FordPass app showed up.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Edit: found it.
Setting > Shortcuts > inable private sharing
Then the FordPass app showed up.
Hmm I did that and still don’t see FordPass. I did find that link you posted as well. I did all of it and not working.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Hmm I did that and still don’t see FordPass. I did find that link you posted as well. I did all of it and not working.
This comment below may help.

“Run a shortcut, any shortcut, then go back to the setting and it will be available.”

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
This comment below may help.

“Run a shortcut, any shortcut, then go back to the setting and it will be available.”
Still not seeing it.
But I did see a comment in that post that said this can’t be used if you use FordPass app to already control your car. Which I do.

Reactions
My app shows up on my watch and I didn’t have to enable private sharing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Original thread on reddit

Looks like the OP updated the token script as I did recently. Apple seems to have broken Shortcuts (for everyone) in the watch. Reported to be because of Apple Watch update from December. Not sure when a fix is to be expected. Amateur guess, privacy settings are mismatched from the iPhone and we can’t change them for the watch. Clearly these two teams aren’t talking at Apple.

Note: You have to edit variables in the ‘Fordpass Settings’ shortcut with login info.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Still not seeing it.
But I did see a comment in that post that said this can’t be used if you use FordPass app to already control your car. Which I do.
Not true, I used shortcuts and the app at the same time. With shortcuts having issues lately, I’ve had to switch back to Ford Pass. I don’t like app, but when it works, it works.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Not true, I used shortcuts and the app at the same time. With shortcuts having issues lately, I’ve had to switch back to Ford Pass. I don’t like app, but when it works, it works.
It said it right in the post from the link that was posted from the creator. Maybe it’s just outdated and not true anymore though

so you had all those ford shortcuts working through shortcuts and it worked with Siri?

KegsBdry

Reactions
I used my phone a few times but it's pretty slow. Just use the key FOB now.
In the winter, when I get my credit card and check back at a restaurant, I remote start the ST from my phone. That way it's so warmed up for the family and I when we get there.