Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone considering adding aftermarket subwoofers?

Reactions
Do you think you can fit an 8 inch in the doors front & rears?
I can surely ask but from what I saw I don't think that would work. It might with some cutting if the molding. I will let you know.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
MTI makes adapters to run an 8” midbass in new F150 doors. Considering they use the same size speaker there’s no reason it can’t work. I plan to run either an Illusion Carbon C8 or Focal 8WM

Reactions
MTI makes adapters to run an 8” midbass in new F150 doors. Considering they use the same size speaker there’s no reason it can’t work. I plan to run either an Illusion Carbon C8 or Focal 8WM
Thank you for the info. I will have my installer look into it.

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I'm on the same boat as you, after hearing the salesman rant and rave about the B&O sound system, I was thoroughly disappointed when I heard it in person. I'd love to have the same setup as you but unfortunately I need the third row.
You can always remove the spare tire plenty of room there, thats where my setup is, take a look. image000000 9.jpg image000002 4.jpg

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions

Attachments

Reactions
Great minds think alike, left it in my installers hands and they worked their magic. I might try a different setup for the sub next summer, maybe a 12" K2 Focal, JL Audio 12w6v3-D4 or a 12" Kicker L7 Q Class.

Reactions
I thought about the spare tire well but couldn't part with the spare tire. We take a lot of road trips. Truly happy with my setup and install, those K2s rock!!!

Reactions
Reactions
You can always remove the spare tire plenty of room there, thats where my setup is, take a look. View attachment 1375 View attachment 1382
I went with the 13.5 tw5. I have the Audio Control 1200 5 channel and 800 amp for subs. Your system is all super top notch stuff. That thing has to be competition grade for sure!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I went with the 13.5 tw5. I have the Audio Control 1200 5 channel and 800 amp for subs. Your system is all super top notch stuff. That thing has to be competition grade for sure!
It’s nice but not anything you’d see a serious competitor using. My tweeters cost more than all 4 of those subs. lol

Reactions
It’s nice but not anything you’d see a serious competitor using. My tweeters cost more than all 4 of those subs. lol
Did you use a center dash speaker?

Reactions
Buddy had one in his jk wrangler and it pounded even with oem head unit and speakers and the jeeps were tin cans.
Just decided to go with this 13.5 inch w5 from the 10in tw3. It will be powered with a audio control L.800 so that should give it plenty of power. Hoping this sub gives me the bass I desire. 10inch sounded great with some songs but in general needed more. If someone wants to buy a barely used 10inch tw3 feel free to message me.

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just decided to go with this 13.5 inch w5 from the 10in tw3. It will be powered with a audio control L.800 so that should give it plenty of power. Hoping this sub gives me the bass I desire. 10inch sounded great with some songs but in general needed more. If someone wants to buy a barely used 10inch tw3 feel free to message me.
You’ll love the 13.5. Buddy had in his Jeep and it pounded with a small enclosure. Even too down. Def what I will prob look at doing down road if I upgrade.

loueh

Reactions
New Explorer ST owner here. I had a JL Audio CP112-W0v3 BassWedge pulled out from my 2018 Accord (trade-in) and intend to have it installed to the Explorer. Scheduled an install in a couple of days so I'm hoping to gather some insight before the appointment. By no means am I an expert on installs so bear with me here.

At this point in my life, I am looking to retain as much cargo space as possible so ideally I'd like to have it installed into the stock sub location. Having the thump is nice and while some would even say necessary, it got to be a real eye sore seeing the sub sit in my trunk and having to place things around it whenever I found myself loading up the trunk for any reason.

Can anyone tell me if this JL model will fit in the stock location and if it is a feasible request to ask the installer to put it there? Or would buying a completely new sub to satisfy my desire for maximum cargo space and untampered aesthetics be the way to go? Another thing to consider is that sub was likely designed and optimized to work with that specific box, so is there a chance fitting it any other way will yield optimal sound? My budget isn't much of a concern, but I would like to make the smartest choice out of any that anyone can present.

Reactions
New Explorer ST owner here. I had a JL Audio CP112-W0v3 BassWedge pulled out from my 2018 Accord (trade-in) and intend to have it installed to the Explorer. Scheduled an install in a couple of days so I'm hoping to gather some insight before the appointment. By no means am I an expert on installs so bear with me here.

At this point in my life, I am looking to retain as much cargo space as possible so ideally I'd like to have it installed into the stock sub location. Having the thump is nice and while some would even say necessary, it got to be a real eye sore seeing the sub sit in my trunk and having to place things around it whenever I found myself loading up the trunk for any reason.

Can anyone tell me if this JL model will fit in the stock location and if it is a feasible request to ask the installer to put it there? Or would buying a completely new sub to satisfy my desire for maximum cargo space and untampered aesthetics be the way to go? Another thing to consider is that sub was likely designed and optimized to work with that specific box, so is there a chance fitting it any other way will yield optimal sound? My budget isn't much of a concern, but I would like to make the smartest choice out of any that anyone can present.
I had my installer make a box for a 10inch tw3. It fit without any issues. I am however having it replaced for more bass with a. 13.5 tw5 that will go in the rear storage area above the tire.