Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

any good phone mounts that suction to the back of the vertical screen?

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
we've tried the lower mount by the cupholders, and the 3d printed one with the dragy mount, both aren't cutting it

I thought maybe a mount that suction cup mounted to the back of the vertical screen may give a new option
my wife doesn't want a vent-mount version

any success in these types of mounts?

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #2
Last edited:
OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
ended up ordering their suction cup mount (which I hope will attach to the back of the screen)
and the Bulletpoint XL Dash Mount Cell Phone Holder for Oversized Phones
this paired with a 7cm CF arm should give enough clearance to the vent but not be too high either

hoping for a setup like this... gets delivered early next week
1706202406020.png

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Not sure what traits you are looking for. Mine is in the same vicinity as where you want it. It's a Pro-Fit mount that i installed a ball joint to and put on a magsafe charger for my iphone. It's nice for the portrait screen because it's right next to it and i can rest my hand on top of the screen while i use the phone. NOT heavy duty though but neither is a suction or vent mount.

IMG_9093.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions
I don’t have this one. But looks like it will do the job.
Kolasels Phone Holder for Tesla Model 3/Y/X/S, [Strong Suction Cup] Tesla Dashboard Phone Holder, Tesla Screen Phone Mount for iPhone 15 14 13 Pro Max Mini, Galaxy Series and All 4-7" Phones https://a.co/d/fkcSDs5

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
just FYI - the bulletpoint suction cup is WAY too big for the back of the screen, having my son 3D print a 20mm ball that I can mount with gorilla tape to see if that is strong enough for the mount :)

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Just saw this Carmount Minimal Mount on FB and I think they even have a ST in their advertising,
https://www.carmount.com
1706980543063.png

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
After further research (and since I'm getting a new S24) I found the Peak Design's non-charging or charging car mount (that works with their case) that appears that it would mount on the back of the infotainment screen (but it's not suction, it's 3M double sided trim tape). The only reason I'm going with this brand, is all the testing they've done with Motorcycle Adventure Bike and off-road bike mounting retention and I need that as well. Peak designs Anti-Vibration mount held up longer than even the Quadlock in independent testing. It might be overkill if the only thing you needed was for your phone in car.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST 401A Pkg White Met Tri-Coat
Good luck with using the tape.
Out of experience, no matter what tape. It will eventually fail. Especially if in heat. I used them all. 3m automotive, 3m heavy duty, outdoor 3m that claims it holds onto a brick wall. Even Alien tape. It all fails under weight, heat or both.

Just beware. Nothing like something fall off your window while driving and wedging under your brake pedal. Or something flying off your motorcycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
yeah, was thinking gorilla tape with a wide base of about 2" square to hold it - but maybe need to figure out how to screw mount it into the case?

Explorer ST Posts