Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Android Auto issues

Wes

Reactions
When I run my Samsung S20+ (model number SM-G986U1) through the Ford Sync app, everything works tnormally.

BUT Android Auto is a different story. Neither of the steering wheel buttons to place or hang up a call work. Worse yet, when I get an incoming phone call, I get no sound whatsoever. Outgoing calls work.

Please help?

Reactions
Same issue with the phone audio. I have seen a few other people post about it but no resolution. I have not yet taken it to the dealer as I just got the vehicle.

OP
W

Wes

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I fixed it by going into settings on the Explorer and turning off the ringer for the car.

Reactions
I fixed it by going into settings on the Explorer and turning off the ringer for the car.
Found a youtube video. Apparently this issue is not new and dates back to Sync 2. I was able to set it to use phone ring tone and it worked. So at least I still have an audio notice. Thank you for the info. I was going crazy not being able to use my phone for calls.