Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Alert Tones

TooTall

Reactions
Today, out of the blue, I get in my car (not the first time of the day) and all the tones the car makes, ie. from the sound the car has when it's started to the back up alert and everything in between, is different. As in different pitch and tone.

I tried looking for some message or something but couldn't find anything.

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?

Reactions
I noticed that after some software update was applied. I was at work and the FordPass app said some update was just installed and all i needed to do was start the vehicle. i think it was after that that i noticed the change in tones/sounds

OP
TooTall

TooTall

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I noticed that after some software update was applied. I was at work and the FordPass app said some update was just installed and all i needed to do was start the vehicle. i think it was after that that i noticed the change in tones/sounds
I had the thought that there must've been an update but I couldn't find any message or notification and when I went to settings in the car it said the software was from 2019. Strange.

Thank you for letting me know!

LokiWolf

Reactions
I had the thought that there must've been an update but I couldn't find any message or notification and when I went to settings in the car it said the software was from 2019. Strange.

Thank you for letting me know!
If the IPC comes up and the APIM doesn’t respond it will use the speaker built in to the IPC instead of the Audio speakers.

When Sync is finishing an update, it can trigger this scenario. It will happen periodically just cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
TooTall

TooTall

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
If the IPC comes up and the APIM doesn’t respond it will use the speaker built in to the IPC instead of the Audio speakers.

When Sync is finishing an update, it can trigger this scenario. It will happen periodically just cause.

Thanks for the info!

hbalek

Reactions

This used to happen very frequently with my 2013 MKZ and now I finally know why. With this 2020 Explorer it has only happened once or twice in 7 months or very seldom!