Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Alberta Explorer ST Owners

Reactions
New to this forum and definitely not the first owner. Ours is a 2021 Explorer ST in white with 21" black rims.

Reactions
Welcome. I’m in the Calgary area with a Atlas Blue ‘21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Drumheller here with a '20 Star White. There are at least 5 others in town that I know of.

OP
P
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Drumheller here with a '20 Star White. There are at least 5 others in town that I know of.
Drumheller, my hometown.
Five other ST's in Drumheller?

Reactions
Yup, 6 total including ours that I know of, plus the two or three on the Ford lot at the moment. There are two blue, one grey, one black, and at least one other white. I've personally met the owners of the grey, black, and white ones, haven't met the owners of the blue STs. None of the other owners that I've met are 'vehicle enthusiasts' per se, so no local ST club haha.

If Drumheller is your hometown, you probably know my wife's family (the Samuels), as they've been around here for several generations.

Reactions
If anyone wants to get rid of their roof bars, I need a set for my ‘21.

OP
P
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I wonder did all ST owners buy through Westergard. I know for their size, they have more ST's than some big city dealers. I was considering Westergard for my purchase but a dealer in Edmonton offered me a deal unseen in Calgary.

Yes, I am familiar with the Samuel family.

Reactions
I wonder did all ST owners buy through Westergard. I know for their size, they have more ST's than some big city dealers. I was considering Westergard for my purchase but a dealer in Edmonton offered me a deal unseen in Calgary.

Yes, I am familiar with the Samuel family.
No idea. We bought in Olds, as they had what we wanted at the time we were looking. Westergard didn't have any at that point.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Reactions
No idea. We bought in Olds, as they had what we wanted at the time we were looking. Westergard didn't have any at that point.

Good to hear, Robin the Sales Manager there is my cousin. Lol.

OP
P
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Had my first issue in Drumheller over July 1st. Potentially a catastrophic failure, I hope caught before any damage was done to the motor.
Refer to Maintenance, Warranty Issues & Trouble forum, titled Coolant Leak at 900km.

Reactions
Ooof, not a good way to spend a holiday. At least it held on until you were back in town, but shouldn't have happened in the first place.

OP
P
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
Curious what people are using for winter tires? Keeping stock, aftermarket upgrades to both tires & rims? I'm in the market for winter rims & tires. I like the Blizzak DM-V2's for tires. What are you using for your winter set up??

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You'll have to search the posts, but as I remember from last fall/winter, a lot of the Canadians were running the steel police (PIU) wheels which will fit the regular or performance brakes. And, if my memory serves me correctly, they were getting much better prices in Canada than we in the States. Search "canada winter tires PIU"

Last edited:
Reactions
I’ll be ordering up Halkkapietta 9’s for the wife’s this winter. We ran them on her X5 with great results. I’m in Calgary, FYI

Reactions
We ran DMV2s on aftermarket 20's last winter, no complaints.

Reactions
Recently new to the forum, 2021 Agate Black ordered with 21 inch rims, Steeda springs and sway bar being installed upon delivery. Can't wait for its arrival. Located in Edmonton.

Reactions
Recently new to the forum, 2021 Agate Black ordered with 21 inch rims, Steeda springs and sway bar being installed upon delivery. Can't wait for its arrival. Located in Edmonton.
Welcome Bobster.

I’m in Edmonton too. Swapped my Rapid Red 2020 ST for an Infinite Blue 2021 ST in June and just installed the ZFG 93 octane sport tune a month or so ago. Really happy with the result.

Curious to see the stance with steeds springs in. Whose doing the install?

Reactions
Curious what people are using for winter tires? Keeping stock, aftermarket upgrades to both tires & rims? I'm in the market for winter rims & tires. I like the Blizzak DM-V2's for tires. What are you using for your winter set up??
I had the blizzaks on an older Denali and the treadlife was amazing - can’t believe how long they lasted, even after I tried to burn them off by leaving them on a couple of summers! Great choice!

Reactions
Welcome Bobster.

I’m in Edmonton too. Swapped my Rapid Red 2020 ST for an Infinite Blue 2021 ST in June and just installed the ZFG 93 octane sport tune a month or so ago. Really happy with the result.

Curious to see the stance with steeds springs in. Whose doing the install?

Having Hartland ford in Fort Sak do it. She just arrived yesterday, and I'm picking her up on Monday afternoon. Cant Wait.