Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Aftermarket Hood Options

TexaST

Reactions
Does anyone know of any aftermarket hood options? Specifically, I’m looking for a ram air hood or something similar (doesn’t have to be functional, just look nice). I don’t want to install a stick on or bolt on hood scoop to my existing hood. Thanks!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
There’s nothing.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
I’ve looked around and haven’t been able to find anything

Last edited:
Reactions
Custom is the only option

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST (Agate Black)
Does anyone know of any aftermarket hood options? Specifically, I’m looking for a ram air hood or something similar (doesn’t have to be functional, just look nice). I don’t want to install a stick on or bolt on hood scoop to my existing hood. Thanks!
This options been floating around the web.
I-5 Explorer Aluminum Hood (20-22)

Reactions
This options been floating around the web.
I-5 Explorer Aluminum Hood (20-22)
Raptor style hood is a little too boring for $1100.00

I am thinking about either doing a larger vented hood , similar to the GT500 or custom hood similar to the Jeep SRT / Trackhawk . Trying to stay towards Ford based ideas but not a ton of options out there from the Ford lineup .

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I would like the I5 hood if it was functional…since it’s not I passed for now.

Reactions
Their IG page said it’s not functional now, but they will ship a new vented insert free to anyone that buys the hood. I prefer the stock hood, just sharing the info.

http://instagr.am/p/CS-cuh5BwL-/

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It would be easy to make that hood functional…..
If you wanted to cut the hood itself and the insert, sure. They reworked the hood with openings and are working on the new insert.

Reactions
I didn't even realize that the hood was not functional . $1100.00 for looks is even crazier . I wonder if they have even done the research on where the vent is located . I know that the vent on this hood is in the middle closest to the windshield . Is there anything under it , in the engine bay / under the cowl , that would be effected by water ?

Reactions
I didn't even realize that the hood was not functional . $1100.00 for looks is even crazier . I wonder if they have even done the research on where the vent is located . I know that the vent on this hood is in the middle closest to the windshield . Is there anything under it , in the engine bay / under the cowl , that would be effected by water ?
im curious on the water part too, anyone have any updates on this? tried searching if it has a water channel or anything but couldnt find.