Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

After Camera Recall

OP

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
I wonder when they’ll come up with an update that’ll break my camera, which has worked perfectly since day one.
I used to think the same thing and then one day, BAM!! Out of the blue the camera would give the blue screen. Funny how you can shut it off and restart it to get the camera to work. Really makes you wonder if it is a software issue, performing the Raytheon reset seems to work. (Power off, Power on. The common troubleshooting method for Raytheon in the military.)
I'm curious of what their next fix is, the first two didn't work.

Reactions
Vehicle
20' Explorer ST
Thanks for making this post! I don't have the blue screen when reversing, however my VIN states that it still is a available recall. What do they actually do? just replace the camera and do an update or something?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
If I am not mistaken, there is no fix presently.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
When I had the recall done it was software update only. And then they decided they have no fix. [confused]

OP

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
They said the fix didn't work so they halted the recall and trying to come up with something else. What is really odd, I put the performance tune on the ST and have not had a single issue with the back up camera since. The tune also installed the E Brake coming on when you put it in park, don't like that feature at all. When I had the camera done I told them not to do the recall for the rear bolts.

Dram789

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
They said the fix didn't work so they halted the recall and trying to come up with something else. What is really odd, I put the performance tune on the ST and have not had a single issue with the back up camera since. The tune also installed the E Brake coming on when you put it in park, don't like that feature at all. When I had the camera done I told them not to do the recall for the rear bolts.
I started having issues with my camera after they preformed the software camera recall on my explorer lmao. Now I’m getting it constantly when it was never an issue before….

Reactions
I used to have occasional blue screen, but since they fixed it with the latest update, now I get more frequent blue screen and sometimes black flickering screen! At least they fixed the occasional part by making it more frequent lol

Dram789

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
I used to have occasional blue screen, but since they fixed it with the latest update, now I get more frequent blue screen and sometimes black flickering screen! At least they fixed the occasional part by making it more frequent lol
Ugh guess I’m not the only one. It’s so annoying cause I’m used to using the cameras

Reactions
I didn't have a problem either. Once they performed the update, the camera started with these errors. I complained and they took that update and the emergency brake update back off.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Dram789

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
I didn't have a problem either. Once they performed the update, the camera started with these errors. I complained and they took that update and the emergency brake update back off.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Did that fix it? My explorer didn’t get the emergency brake update because it’s a two bolt I think. Might try to get them to take that update off if possible

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Never had the problem till now. (might be to early to get one).
So I am ignoring the recall (ignoring the sync update as well), even though it shows up all the time in the app and ford site.

On the other hand, if it was a hardware change, I would have gone, to explore the possibility to route my dash cam wires to the tailgate.

But, is it possible to remove the automatic parking brake engagement with Park?
Mine came like that from factory, also came with all the bolts in the rear.

Dram789

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Never had the problem till now. (might be to early to get one).
So I am ignoring the recall (ignoring the sync update as well), even though it shows up all the time in the app and ford site.

On the other hand, if it was a hardware change, I would have gone, to explore the possibility to route my dash cam wires to the tailgate.

But, is it possible to remove the automatic parking brake engagement with Park?
Mine came like that from factory, also came with all the bolts in the rear.
Not to sure about the Parking brake thing. My st is a 2020 and never did the auto parking brake. I heard about a recall going out to the 3 bolt explorers though.