Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

aFe Momentum GT CAI

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Here ya go. I took 2 videos for you. One with the windows open and then another with the windows closed. I really can't hear a difference, but that's just me. Let me know what you think.

Thank you. I plan on a dyno run On E50 before and after install if my shop gets their 4WD dyno next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Thanks for posting all of this. I'm definitely purchasing now.

BillBeau

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
Any Dyno stats? I dont trust butt dynos

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #44

BillBeau

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
Who did the dyno test and were you there? What changed between runs? Need to know what the stock airbox does.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Why does every "note" say OE intake? I'd have to say all of those runs are within the realm of statistical differences between runs and don't show anything substantive. I'm not suggesting that the intake might not allow more airflow, but that dyno doesn't show anything. Any real changes should be visible in the horsepower numbers over say 4k rpm due to mass flow. And I don't see that even if the note section is wrong.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Why does every "note" say OE intake? I'd have to say all of those runs are within the realm of statistical differences between runs and don't show anything substantive. I'm not suggesting that the intake might not allow more airflow, but that dyno doesn't show anything. Any real changes should be visible in the horsepower numbers over say 4k rpm due to mass flow. And I don't see that even if the note section is wrong.
It was late last night when I read this Dyno sheet and it doesn't zoom well with my old eyes. I thought for sure I was reading it wrong or there must be a second one coming. I was really waiting for someone else to see what I was seeing.

That said, I think it has been shown time and again that Ford does a pretty good job of making a CAI that is able to support what a stock engine needs.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
People can bitch and moan about the hp improvements or lack thereof all they want…I’m
buying one for the looks alone. Gotta start making it to where it’s not embarrassing to open the hood around other car people.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I see zero problems in buying one for its looks. I'd do that too but the peephole freaks me out on any of the aftermarket CAI's. I don't want to look through the clear plastic and see filters.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Hell…paint it or wrap it body color for a little extra flair.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Or put a sticker/logo on it and tell the world it looks better.

BillBeau

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
I also have a 2015 F150 3.5L Eco. The CAI is pretty damn good and there was no reason except for eye candy. Ford does a damn good job with their intakes.

As far as looks. 584.00 is a lot for some eye candy. Another funny thing is one outfit that charges 589 wont ship to Ca.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Eye candy? It looks like a robot is hiding in your engine bay!:LOL:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I also have a 2015 F150 3.5L Eco. The CAI is pretty damn good and there was no reason except for eye candy. Ford does a damn good job with their intakes.

As far as looks. 584.00 is a lot for some eye candy. Another funny thing is one outfit that charges 589 wont ship to Ca.
I’ve easily spent 5 figures for eye candy under the hood on another project. Sub 600 is downright cheap. lol

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #56
I pulled this off the website. I guess I put the baseline dyno sheet up. Unfortunately I can't find the one they sent me along with the baseline.
Screenshot_20211224-135310_Chrome.jpg

Reactions
Has Anyone heard of a shipping date one these? I pre ordered 3 weeks ago and was just curious.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #59
Has Anyone heard of a shipping date one these? I pre ordered 3 weeks ago and was just curious.
My understanding is that these should start making their way out within the next two weeks.

Reactions
My understanding is that these should start making their way out within the next two weeks.
Hopefully they start going out week of the 24tth. Excited to get it installed.