Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

aFe Intake -vs- Whipple Intercooler -vs- Downpipe

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Know your goals. If you think you want to add more upgrades later, you're way better off with the ZFG tune and the HP Tuners device in the long term. If you want to go cheap, stay with what you've got.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Know your goals. If you think you want to add more upgrades later, you're way better off with the ZFG tune and the HP Tuners device in the long term. If you want to go cheap, stay with what you've got.
I mean, no need to say what I've got is cheap. Plenty of 5th Gen Explorer Sport users have Unleashed and the same can be said about ST drivers and they're happy with the tune. I'm just looking to wake up the ST even more, not looking to break any speed records or go to the track.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Sounds good, just doing some research on which tune I want. Defintiely going with a 93 oct tune but ZFG wants $1k for the HP Tuner and tune which is a bit extreme for me at least for a tune. I may just go with Unleashed since I already have the BDX Unleashed REV-X Custom Tuner.
It depends on what you want out of the car. If you wanna be the fastest…Unleashed isn’t gonna cut it. You’ll be several tenths slower than a ZFG tune on the same octane. If you just want a little more pep…by all means save a few bucks. Not everyone is in a horsepower race.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
It depends on what you want out of the car. If you wanna be the fastest…Unleashed isn’t gonna cut it. You’ll be several tenths slower than a ZFG tune on the same octane. If you just want a little more pep…by all means save a few bucks. Not everyone is in a horsepower race.
Exactly, I'm not in an HP race, just need more out of my ST than stock is all.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Use the word "inexpensive" instead of cheap if you're sensitive. If you just want a bit more, you don't need an exhaust or an intercooler either. Just get a tune with your existing tuner and electronics you've already paid for..