Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Advice on Audio estimate

Reactions
It's been 15 years since I had any upgrades done to a car and it was a different world back then. Got this estimate from local shop and was wondering how it compares to what others have done to the ST. And advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Almost $3400 in labor…for a very simple install. I wouldn’t have been able to not laugh on my way out the door. Everything else is normal retail for that gear. I wouldn’t let them put an Audio Mobile sub anywhere near my car though. I’d question what power wire kit and RCA’s they’re using as well…for those prices it better be in the range of Stinger HPM wiring and Stinger 8000 series RCA’s.

Reactions
I have installed a helix dsp pro mk2. I highly recommend installing a good solid dsp, it will get you a great bang for your buck. Like unbroken said the install price is very high. How are you installing your subwoofer? Are you going to be using the factory location or just making a box. Here is what my installer did for me for my box. It's 2 8 inch db drive g5 subwoofers.

Attachments

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Also to give you an idea my car audio shop charges $70 cdn an hour.
Thank you everyone for the feedback.

They weren't putting the subs in the factory spot. They said they would build an enclosure in the cargo area.

I suspected the labor was pretty high but as I said, I'm not familiar with the current car audio market. I'll continue to shop around.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Explorer ST Posts