Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

A New Sync Issue

LuxST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
How long does it take to update the sync via usb?

Bluey!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Doing mine right now (23188) and going on an hour and a half...starting to get concerned. Previous update was 21020 by previous owner. I guess its a lot of new information?

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
There has been several updates since 21020 so that may be why it's taking so long.

Bluey!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Finally done. Anyone know what I can expect/noticeable changes in the interface?

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #26
I never seem to notice a change. [dunno]

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Mine just started having issues last week, I havent' made any changes to it, etc. but here's what I've noticed:

Only 1/2 of the Map Screen loads in Map mode, in the Home mode, you only get the name of the road with no "map- This happens about 50% of the time.
All of my Map history/saved locations are gone.
It "lost" the connection to my WiFi- I reconnected it successfully and when I turned the vehicle off and back on, it had lost the WiFi into and was not connected, it will not stay connected.
The radio defaults to Sirius Channel 0 "SID" OR it will default to an FM channel (even when I've had it on a Sirius channel when I turned the vehicle off).
Voice Commands are working about 50% of the time.
Contacts aren't downloading about 50% of the time.

I have Version 3.4 Build 22251.

Having read people with similar issues, it seems it could possibly be a defective APIM module?
Mine just started having issues last week, I havent' made any changes to it, etc. but here's what I've noticed:

Only 1/2 of the Map Screen loads in Map mode, in the Home mode, you only get the name of the road with no "map- This happens about 50% of the time.
All of my Map history/saved locations are gone.
It "lost" the connection to my WiFi- I reconnected it successfully and when I turned the vehicle off and back on, it had lost the WiFi into and was not connected, it will not stay connected.
The radio defaults to Sirius Channel 0 "SID" OR it will default to an FM channel (even when I've had it on a Sirius channel when I turned the vehicle off).
Voice Commands are working about 50% of the time.
Contacts aren't downloading about 50% of the time.

I have Version 3.4 Build 22251.

Having read people with similar issues, it seems it could possibly be a defective APIM module?

Note that it's going to the dealer for the Rear Axle Bolt and Rear Camera recall on 4/4, so I'm hoping they can fix this issue also.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as this is maddening

Note that it's going to the dealer for the Rear Axle Bolt and Rear Camera recall on 4/4, so I'm hoping they can fix this issue also.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as this is maddening
dam that must be a PIA !! Have the dealer update to the newest build number,I have heard alot of guys have stuff fix itself after the latest update...Good luck !

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I really didn't have much of an issue until I updated to 23188. Did so through USB. I then received intermittent blackouts of screen, radio silence, front camera inaccessible message on dash, and flashes of "XM subscription updated" message on the top of the screen when it flashes back online. Decided to look at updates available through Sync Menu via WiFi in the onscreen menu and it started to download file. Took about 40minutes or so and let it do it's thing. So far no screen glitching out but on every startup I get a mail icon in top right screen that upon clicking through confirms the SYNC software update of 3.4.23188_PRODUCT that I had already done through USB. So that is nice :confused: 20240314_123642.jpg 20240319_123556.jpg 20240319_123603.jpg 20240319_123813.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You’re welcome. Definitely some great info here! Hopefully it resolves your issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the minimum size thumb drive needed to upgrade this way? Mine won't do anything via wifi.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #30
What is the minimum size thumb drive needed to upgrade this way? Mine won't do anything via wifi.
I'm using a 32GB. A 16 would work for most of the updates.

Bluey!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I was able to use a 8 GB for the most recent update (23188).

Explorer ST Posts