Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

A fast Ford Explorer ST

F=MA

Reactions
Old news !! This one is much faster and may need a ballistic blanket wrapped around the engine soon...

272474573_230682889266891_8331569956962598429_n.jpg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That’s the same car. Kevin had it wrapped. It’s getting large top mount turbos installed now. He’s a good guy…we speak a few times a week and I hope he gets some even faster times soon.
Theo Remigio was the first to crack 10’s but he’s way up in Canada and I don’t think has a lot of opportunities to get to the track.
Daren, who I mentioned earlier does have a lot of stuff done but he’s never proven anything faster than an 11.5X. He claims to be in the 10’s…but talk is cheap. Anyone even close it posting and talking about it everywhere.
There’s a pile of low 11 second ST’s these days…very few post here though…mostly on the High Performance Explorer ST Facebook page.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
That’s the same car. Kevin had it wrapped. It’s getting large top mount turbos installed now. He’s a good guy…we speak a few times a week and I hope he gets some even faster times soon.
Theo Remigio was the first to crack 10’s but he’s way up in Canada and I don’t think has a lot of opportunities to get to the track.
Daren, who I mentioned earlier does have a lot of stuff done but he’s never proven anything faster than an 11.5X. He claims to be in the 10’s…but talk is cheap. Anyone even close it posting and talking about it everywhere.
There’s a pile of low 11 second ST’s these days…very few post here though…mostly on the High Performance Explorer ST Facebook page.
Thanks Unbroken. I just found it interesting how fast one of these beasts can be.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 BLACKST
This is where at I'm at now
Waiting a tune revision and I think I'll be closer to 10 sec 1/4 mile
I'll be doing runs later in the week
Early in the AM when the DA is lower
Dyno tune and revision soon to follow

photo_2022-03-07_20-27-45.jpg

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I have to say the fabrication work on that car is extremely impressive! I know that the owner, Kruppa used to post here, and I'm a fan, and I'm sure I'm going to be flamed for this opinion, but it looks like it's going more over-the-top Hot Wheels than just performance; meaning it's almost a parody. For example: 4" dual exhausts? With an "X" pipe? What possible role would an "X" pipe serve in this case (other than to show off some very high quality welding)? Xona turbos? I researched the site and other than claiming to have a patent pending turbine wheel, there isn't a compressor or turbine map to be found. Looks like he's getting a lot of sponsorship and perhaps I just don't appreciate the amount of money that can be made from a FB page. I'm just putting out my 2 cents- you don't need 4" exhausts or dual Xona turbos to be fast. Save your money, unless you have a lot of it. In which case, spend it any way you wish. Maybe the next "fast" ST guy will have dual 5" exhaust with twin "X" pipes!

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Anyone know if the bottom end on his car has been apart? Current mileage?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I think it’s a single 4” and I guess Brett uses a lot of those chargers or something.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Anyone know if the bottom end on his car has been apart? Current mileage?
It has not and not many miles. It spends a lot of time at FenFab getting new stuff done.

Last edited:

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I stand corrected. 3" downpipes connecting to a 4".

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Looks like the new turbos have been bolted on. Haven't seen anyone post this yet. Interesting to see the RPM at over 7K RPM with (supposedly) stock internals!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
There was a lot of fighting to get everything to work. Adam busted his ass to get it lined out.

Explorer ST Posts