Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

7 Pin Trailer Connector

Reactions
I use the ST to tow snowmobiles/motorcycles in a enclosed trailer, max load ~ 4000lbs.. I love the towing capability of the ST but I noticed that there is no output on the 12V Aux Charing pin on the 87-pin charging pin. My trailer has indoor lights and a safety brake-away battery that are tied to this connection and they do not work(I previously pulled the same trailer with a JGC and the interior lights worked).

I took the truck into the dealer and they essentially had no clue as to why there was no output on that pin. They referenced a SM that said you have to go through a ignition/brake cycle before output to this pin is activated.. Well that sequence did not work.
They suggested I bring the truck back with the trailer as they have no way of testing the connector.. Seriously???

Anybody have any luck with having output on this pin?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Have you checked fuse #57 under the hood? That's the only thing I can think of checking.

Explorer ST Posts