Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

6 Speaker System Upgrade

Reactions
So my '21 didn't come with the 12 speaker B&O for some reason and I'm looking to upgrade the current setup. I was looking at new speakers, sub and amps but wanted to know if I needed any sort of audio interface as well to start with?

Reactions
So my '21 didn't come with the 12 speaker B&O for some reason and I'm looking to upgrade the current setup. I was looking at new speakers, sub and amps but wanted to know if I needed any sort of audio interface as well to start with?
Following

Reactions
400A doesn't come with the B&O for some reason, but im subbing because im interested

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
When I ordered it in June and even now if you build a 2021 400a it says that the B&O is standard and costs $0. The 6 speaker isn’t even in there for a ‘21.

Oh well at this point, was just hoping to not have to upgrade the radio right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
400A doesn't come with the B&O for some reason, but im subbing because im interested
Blows my mind that Ford advertises 12 B&O speakers in the 22. If there really is only 6 speakers in the system, someone is going to take them to court. I know they have a disclaimer on their website about errors. But considering the fact that several people have pointed it out, ford has had time to correct it (if there really is only 6). I’m not too worried about it. Since I will be replacing 6 instead of 14. But it’s definitely false advertising.

Reactions
Blows my mind that Ford advertises 12 B&O speakers in the 22. If there really is only 6 speakers in the system, someone is going to take them to court. I know they have a disclaimer on their website about errors. But considering the fact that several people have pointed it out, ford has had time to correct it (if there really is only 6). I’m not too worried about it. Since I will be replacing 6 instead of 14. But it’s definitely false advertising.
100%.. luckily we caught it but had a similar situation.. Customer ordering a Saleen Mustang and it starts with a 301A package GT mustang. He wanted the Auto Trans since the MT81 is junk and the amount of power hes going to put down.. the Auto made more sense.

Website says Auto comes with 3.55s standard in the rear end.

Actually comes with 3.31s and have to pay like $700 to upgrade to the 3.55s.

Almost lost the entire deal over it but the website was 100% wrong and Ford just shrugged and pointed to the astericks when we called an upper.

Reactions
100%.. luckily we caught it but had a similar situation.. Customer ordering a Saleen Mustang and it starts with a 301A package GT mustang. He wanted the Auto Trans since the MT81 is junk and the amount of power hes going to put down.. the Auto made more sense.

Website says Auto comes with 3.55s standard in the rear end.

Actually comes with 3.31s and have to pay like $700 to upgrade to the 3.55s.

Almost lost the entire deal over it but the website was 100% wrong and Ford just shrugged and pointed to the astericks when we called an upper.
Saleen's don't come from the factory where they can just grab a tear end off the line with the appropriate gears and install.... it left the factory then went to Saleen and some had to change it the gears by hand. Hence the higher than factory charge.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Saleen's don't come from the factory where they can just grab a tear end off the line with the appropriate gears and install.... it left the factory then went to Saleen and some had to change it the gears by hand. Hence the higher than factory charge.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Saleen has the option to put their own gears in the rear end. My customer was under the impression that the 3.55s came standard on the 301A mustang in Automatic when in reality the 3.31s were standard and you had to pay FORD extra for the 3.55s which the website does not say.. whether its a Saleen or not. Thats the point I'm making.

I've ordered and delivered a handful since we signed up with the program 8 months ago... I know how it works haha. I'm talking just factory ordering a Mustang and the issues with the Ford customer build website.

****Edited due to the fact I sounded snarky and I didnt mean to.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
When I ordered it in June and even now if you build a 2021 400a it says that the B&O is standard and costs $0. The 6 speaker isn’t even in there for a ‘21.

Oh well at this point, was just hoping to not have to upgrade the radio right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only the 401A has the B&O 12 speaker system standard, to get 14 speakers and 980Watt Amp you need to add tech package.

400A says 6 speakers

Attachments

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
So I did see that now, but also if you use the build and price and select 400a it shows the 12 speaker B&O as included. If you then click on it, as I did in the attached screenshot you can see that same verbiage.

Also in the build & price summary the B&O is listed at $0 for the 400a. Confusing for sure

Attachments

Reactions
I just got my 2022 ST on Tuesday, and I'll be going to a local Car Audio store soon to get a quote on upgrading the stock system. I'll follow up with what they tell me regarding additional equipment needed (if any)!

khayesthe3

Reactions
I just got my 2022 ST on Tuesday, and I'll be going to a local Car Audio store soon to get a quote on upgrading the stock system. I'll follow up with what they tell me regarding additional equipment needed (if any)!
So I got my new system, absolutely love it. Cost about $2K to upgrade all 6 speakers, then added a 10" sub in the back in a custom box that replaces the factory rear storage compartment cover. They put the amp in that storage compartment and I still have some usable space in there for any items I may want to keep in the vehicle, and can still move it to access the spare. This price included all install cost too, so doing it yourself can most likely be much cheaper, I just did not have the experience to do it properly myself. All in all, it sounds better than the B&O system that was in the vehicle I test drove and I am really happy with the result.

No specialty equipment needed, just speakers, sub, box, amp and wiring. The only thing you'll have to figure out is how you'd like to do your Sub.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
^^^Glad you are happy with it. I've got a complete new system waiting for me to install. Was pretty disappointed in the top of the line B&O system.

Explorer ST Posts