Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

5 Star tuning chip

Reactions
Has anyone used the 5 Star tuning chip. Easy installation? Performance increases? .

Reactions
There are several threads on tuning. I've been running 5Star since June 2021. My wife doesn't like the throttle sensitivity. I'm happy with it.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did they change the throttle sensitivity more than Sport Mode already does?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
5 Star honestly should be anyone’s 2nd to last choice.
ZFG, PBD and Gearhead should be the places you look. SSI would be your last option.

Gsutavo

Reactions
I'm new to the forum, any tuning experiences with BoostKing?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I think @Blown F-150 runs BoostKing's tune. I've heard nothing but good things about him. He was responsible for much of the original SCT Tuners programming.

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Has anyone used the 5 Star tuning chip. Easy installation? Performance increases? .
Yes. Running a 5* base E50 program. Transmission tuning needs work. Perhaps a custom tune might help. I would get ZFG. Maybe this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsutavo

Reactions
thanks for your reply Gearhead_1. If anyone knows about Boostking's work I appreciate comments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
There’s a lot of competent Ford tuners out there…BoostKing is one of them. What you want is the most competent on this particular Ford platform…and that is ZFG. It’s been proven time and again.

Reactions
I'm new to the forum, any tuning experiences with BoostKing?
My BK tune is awesome. I have a 91 and 94 tune from him. I’ve worked with Brett to tune my vehicle for years. You would be hard pressed to find a tuner that has put in the time he has day in and day out with Ford ECUs.

I’m also running tunes from Unleashed which are pretty great and waiting for it to warm up before working with GearHead on a tune.

These are all tuners I know have been in the game for a very long time and get their hands on one of these and then spend hours upon hours on the Dyno getting just to the baseline tune.

I have heard a ton of good about Adam on this platform too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsutavo

Reactions
Thanks for your answers, unbroken and F 150 blown, I think I'll go with BoostKing, I have a hunch, cheers

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
5 Star honestly should be anyone’s 2nd to last choice.
ZFG, PBD and Gearhead should be the places you look. SSI would be your last option.
Hello,
I used 5 star on my 20 explorer 2.3 eco with good gains.
I just ordered new tunes for my 22 ST, what don't you like about them??
I'm new to the tune scene and would like to learn all I can about it.
Thanks

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Hello,
I used 5 star on my 20 explorer 2.3 eco with good gains.
I just ordered new tunes for my 22 ST, what don't you like about them??
I'm new to the tune scene and would like to learn all I can about it.
Thanks
Just in general not the greatest tuning and the shifting according to most leaves a lot to be desired. Plenty of reading and reviews on this forum…along with plenty of people that switched to ZFG posting how happy they are to make the switch. I don’t know why you’d even give them money…if you’re buying a new tune call ZFG and get the best money can buy.