Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2wd St Testing.

Deric365

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer St
Soo I don't know if I mentioned the St is a 2wd version. And let me tell ya'll after testing and getting the numbers, I regret not spending the extra $8k+ lol.

Tried a few brake torque launch, on 87 octane
1/4 mile - 14.04@ 100.0
0-60mph - 5.79s

Attachments

OP
Deric365

Deric365

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer St
Thread Starter #2
So then went and got a tune from a local tuner, on 93 octane. He did ask how aggressive I wanted it, since he knows it's my wife's daily. He kept it mild.
Now on the tune I can't brake launch because tires get loose.

Before the tune, it wouldn't spin the tires with traction control off, couldn't even do a burnout.
I tried over and over to disable stability trac, and it would not go into the 5 sec timer, no matter what I tried.

I'm out of town for work, and won't be back until maybe 2 months. But I would like to stack up some parts to install when I get back. Was thinking maybe coilovers would help it launch on a bit more torque

Attachments

Reactions
what is your tire pressure? Stock A/S tires are definitely not helping you out either.

OP
Deric365

Deric365

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer St
Thread Starter #4
I didn't do no changes, guessing it's 35psi from dealer.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
You can locate tire pressures via scrolling through your steering wheel button on the right.

Both my ST's read over 40 psi from the factory, which is way too high.

I think that's because it's the ST's "transport" setting for the tires, but dealers never check it when delivering to the customer.

OP
Deric365

Deric365

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer St
Thread Starter #6
Yeah I've seen the tire pressure, I just don't recall what it was at, I'll try lowering the pressure seeing how much it helps.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
So then went and got a tune from a local tuner, on 93 octane. He did ask how aggressive I wanted it, since he knows it's my wife's daily. He kept it mild.
Now on the tune I can't brake launch because tires get loose.

Before the tune, it wouldn't spin the tires with traction control off, couldn't even do a burnout.
I tried over and over to disable stability trac, and it would not go into the 5 sec timer, no matter what I tried.

I'm out of town for work, and won't be back until maybe 2 months. But I would like to stack up some parts to install when I get back. Was thinking maybe coilovers would help it launch on a bit more torque
your first test was on 87 octane and ran 14.04 second test was tuned and 93 octane 13.73 I wonder what that tune would do on 87 octane also?

OP
Deric365

Deric365

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer St
Thread Starter #8
Well what I'm wondering is why it was launching slow when it wasn't tuned? It wouldn't even be close to spinning the tires. Brake torque launch i was only able to get 2300rpm at most. Wouldn't go higher.