Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2nd row seat issue

Reactions
I actually joined this forum just to ask this question. I have a 2016 F-150 lariat that I really like but wanted to trade it in for a Raptor. Drove it yesterday and really wasn't as thrilled with it as I thought I'd be for the price difference so said I'd think about it. Before leaving I asked if we could test drive a ST and he said I could have this one for the weekend since it was the GMs old demonstrator. So far I love this thing but one issue is driving me up the way and I can't figure it out.

Every time I get in the car to drive off the passenger side 2nd row bucket is folded forward. Doesn't matter that it gets locked back, next time jumping in it's unlocked again. Is this seat just broke or what should I try to get it permanently locked upright?

Thanks in advance.

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
I know this is a long shot because it's an old post but I just bought mine 3 weeks ago and it does the exact same thing. Can't figure it out it only does the passenger 2nd row seat.

Reactions
Is it the 2nd row split bench style or buckets?

hbalek

Reactions
I had this happen when the vehicle was brand new. It was a stuck button. It was literally stuck in and would activate the seat release at random times, like entering the vehicle, while it was parked or while driving. It would sometimes scare the crap out of me, like there was some in the car. I literally pulled the button out and was gentler with it and hasn't done it since. There was a discussion about this a while back.

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
I had this happen when the vehicle was brand new. It was a stuck button. It was literally stuck in and would activate the seat release at random times, like entering the vehicle, while it was parked or while driving. It would sometimes scare the crap out of me, like there was some in the car. I literally pulled the button out and was gentler with it and hasn't done it since. There was a discussion about this a while back.
There bucket seats, and I found out thats what mine was doing also the same day I made the post. I looked back there and the back side of the button was catching enough to send it forward