Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

23 Explorer St won't start. Multiple lights on dash flashing.

NYT007

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Explorer St
Hey all, new to the explorer upgraded from an edge st. 23 explorer ST, less than 200 miles on it I've had the car less than a week. I know this is a long shot but i reached in to start the car and hit the left stick (not sure the relevance but more info the better ?) as I depressed the brake and hit the ignition switch the car wouldn't start. Remained in accessory and flashed multiple lights such as the "wrench", parking system fault, hill decent service now, and I believe the traction control service. The codes were coming up pretty quick. Anyway after a few failed attempts to get it started I tried the remote start and it started but still flashed multiple codes but then when I went to put car in gear it shut off. condition seemed to correct it self after a few mins of playing around trying to get it started. The car then started up as normal, drove it a bit stopped and started it a few times and all seems to be normal. Any ideas? Not having much confidence in a brand new ride I've had only a few days...

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Have you checked your battery? Easy to drain them with all the electronics and Auto Start Stop. My Rear cargo dome light was stuck on for the first two days that I had my ST due to multiple button pushes. Had to keep it on a charger until I got it to turn it off. May want to scan for trouble codes.

OP
N

NYT007

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Explorer St
Thread Starter #3
Have you checked your battery? Easy to drain them with all the electronics and Auto Start Stop. My Rear cargo dome light was stuck on for the first two days that I had my ST due to multiple button pushes. Had to keep it on a charger until I got it to turn it off. May want to scan for trouble codes.
okay thanks will do, its a lease most likely will try to get it into the dealer this week but figured id check to see if anyone else ever had a similar issue