Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

23 and Me, or Ancestry.com ?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I've been using 23 and Me for several years now, no real surprises. Just had a surprise from a fourth cousin, or should I say her family. Her profile says she is deceased, and the profile is managed by her surviving family. Both 23 and Me and Ancestry are saliva based tests, so I'm a little confused. Any other forum members use these services? Have any stories?

Last edited:

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If you are of European descent and just want a general makeup for curiousity, Ancestry.com may be OK. It was a complete waste of time for me because I'm Asian and it basically said "you're asian"...lol. That said, after looking into these tests a bit, I think the real value is paying more and getting a comprehensive health screening. I believe 23 and Me offer such comprehensive health tests, but I would research others also.

RLW

Reactions
My daughter gave me 23 and Me for Christmas. I’m not impressed...basic service didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know. Health is another hundred bucks I think.

OP
Autoworker

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
My daughter gave me 23 and Me for Christmas. I’m not impressed...basic service didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know. Health is another hundred bucks I think.
Have you found any close cousins you didn't know about? I found a few.

RLW

Reactions
No...how do you do that? I haven’t dug in much (ok...at all!).

OP
Autoworker

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
No...how do you do that? I haven’t dug in much (ok...at all!).
Sign in, go to your home page, click on the your relatives. Play around on the site a little, I find it informative.