Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

22” Wheels??

Reactions
From what I've read on the different threads, Unbroken has this engineered to perfection...I'd follow his advice

gpracer69

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Love our 22’s. Went 22 when I found out the aviator runs them. The wider wheel makes the stance much better I think too.
What size tires are you running in this pic?

LowBoost

Reactions
Im running 305-35-22 tires no issues ride is great. Putting Steeda drop springs on as I type this.

Kingcor

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Start with picking a wheel width...then you can figure offset from there for how you want the wheel to fit the car...further in or out. For OD stay at 30.7” max.
I run a 30.4” tall 305/35 on a 22x10.5 at +30 offset. This is as far as you can push a wheel out and be flush with the fender...and it’s IMHO the perfect fit for these especially with a drop. View attachment 3977
Every wheel website I go to only shows 22x9 available that fits our vehicle. I’ve never bought wheels before, is there something I am missing?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Every wheel website I go to only shows 22x9 available that fits our vehicle. I’ve never bought wheels before, is there something I am missing?
Custom forged wheels. BCForged, Vossen, SuperForged, etc. You specify width, offset, bolt pattern, bore size, etc. They build it.

Reactions
22 inch dub ballers. Got tired of looking for 21s and found a much wider selection of 22s, so I put winter tires on the stock 21 inch rims, sold the tires and used that to offset this new wheel and tire combo (approx 3500 cdn so say 2800 US or so?). Good luck with your search it’s a lot of fun. View attachment 4547
This is exactly what I'm looking at doing as well. do you have a website you used?

Reactions
This is exactly what I'm looking at doing as well. do you have a website you used?
I went with Canada Custom Autoworks in Spruce Grove. I walked in and they had 24 inch dub ballers with an F150 bolt pattern. So I bought them for my F150, then ordered the 22s in a slightly different shade for the ST.

I found them good to deal with although the staff has changed over since then. I was around $3600 Cdn all in (wheels, nuts, Falken Tires) which I thought was very fair.

Here is their website;

https://canadacustomautoworks.com/

The only thing I might have done different is get a slightly wider tire and or wheel spacers to make the wheels stick out or al least align with the fenders. I really like how Unbroken’s setup looks in that respect.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Reactions
Hey guys I’m happy to help with any hard to find needs. I also have a line of made-to-order wheels specific to the ST specs. Not trying to be too “salesy” but hit me up or goto http://Instagram.com/superforged to explore more. Right now our 1-piece forged setups are only $3800/set shipped via DHL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F=MA

Reactions
I also liked Brucecris's wheels especially the ST center cap. Here is an old photoshop of what they could look like on a red ST. Also a video of the wheel up close.
aaa.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Levenson

Reactions
Would the Ferrada CM2 22X11 work with 295x40x22's?

F=MA

Reactions
I would say a 22x10 would be the best rim width for the 295/40/22 tire as the sidewall would be almost vertical. The sidewall tilts inwards (at the tread) slightly with 22x10.5 and would tilt inwards even more with the 22x11's. Offset for all should be +30.

Levenson

Reactions
So it looks like the CM2 only comes +40 or +28 in a 22x10.5. How do I handle this situation?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
+28. It’ll be out another 2mm from +30 but with a 305 tire it’ll be just fine. Make sure the center bore is 70.5.

Levenson

Reactions
so go with the 305/35/22 vs the 315/35/22's?

Levenson

Reactions
Does anyone have a set of Ferrada CM2's on their ST. Now Ferrada is telling me they only have a +40 in that bolt pattern. They have a +28 but not in the bolt pattern for ST.