Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

21 ST Crank w No Start

Jgrabina

Reactions
A few weeks ago the ST was low on fuel and backed into my driveway (which is on an upgrade). I went to start it and it just cranked away and would not kickover. I went and put about three gallons of gas in and then it started. Today same thing is happening, but we are not out of fuel. A little less than half a tank. It is backed in again, but could it be a fuel pickup issue? Anyone else having this? Never happened with my 2017 Explorer.

ST-KK

Reactions
Yes, I’ve seen this come up multiple times on the ST groups on Facebook. Pretty much around 1/4 tank and it won’t start if you back up on an incline.

OP
Jgrabina

Jgrabina

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Yes, I’ve seen this come up multiple times on the ST groups on Facebook. Pretty much around 1/4 tank and it won’t start if you back up on an incline.
Update. Apparently there was less than 1/4 tank after all so now we know!! Thanks.

hbalek

Reactions
This happened to my on my street going up a hill on my way to the gas station with 40 miles to empty. With 11,000 miles on the odo, I stalled out, it cranked and wouldn't restart. Tow truck brought 2.5 gallons of gas. Still wouldn't start after several attempts cranking it. I got towed to the dealership. They replaced the fuel pump!

Explorer ST Posts