Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2025 Explorer Teaser Ahead of Tomorrow's Reveal

SF02112

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Biggest upgrade: Sync 4 and the landscape screen/dssh layout. Sync 4 is lightyears better than Sync 3.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Biggest upgrade: Sync 4 and the landscape screen/dssh layout. Sync 4 is lightyears better than Sync 3.
It’s not sync 4. It’s an android based OS. I don’t think it’s technically android automotive but I’m not sure. And yes, there are two of them. Android auto where you connect your phone and then a built in system called android automotive that runs natively all the time. Volvo and polestar all use that.

SF02112

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Oh..OK. That was my assumption. I was basing that comment on the fact that my buddy has Sync 4 in his Raptor and it's so much better than the Sync 3.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Oh..OK. That was my assumption. I was basing that comment on the fact that my buddy has Sync 4 in his Raptor and it's so much better than the Sync 3.
Yeah we should have received sync 4 from the beginning but somehow ford decided otherwise.

SF02112

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yeah we should have received sync 4 from the beginning but somehow ford decided otherwise.
Agree! Also, for this "refreshed" model, I'm going to stick with the OG....Not enough differentiation between the ST and the other models. I think what we're driving now looks better

f1xedgear

Reactions
Vehicle
Not ST :(
It’s not sync 4. It’s an android based OS. I don’t think it’s technically android automotive but I’m not sure. And yes, there are two of them. Android auto where you connect your phone and then a built in system called android automotive that runs natively all the time. Volvo and polestar all use that.
Ford Digital Experience is Android Automotive, I've seen job postings from Ford PMs on LinkedIn for FDE saying as much: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7149958568325042176/

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Agree! Also, for this "refreshed" model, I'm going to stick with the OG....Not enough differentiation between the ST and the other models. I think what we're driving now looks better
Yeah I agree as well. Nothing too fundamentally different. Blue Cruise is nice but not at what they are charging. Otherwise, while the new infotainment system is nice hardware and software wise, it won't change much in how I use my car.

Ford Digital Experience is Android Automotive, I've seen job postings from Ford PMs on LinkedIn for FDE saying as much: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7149958568325042176/
Yeah makes sense.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah I agree as well. Nothing too fundamentally different. Blue Cruise is nice but not at what they are charging.
Why did they decide on $800/yr?? That is way way too expensive for most. I bet 95% of owners won't take part in that kind of subscription. A pity since I was looking forward to it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Why did they decide on $800/yr?? That is way way too expensive for most. I bet 95% of owners won't take part in that kind of subscription. A pity since I was looking forward to it.
Suspect that if everyone used it the system (or vehicles) would crash.

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
I'm not paying that much for a subscription service unless it completely drives itself all the time while I play with my balls.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
$800 a year is not that much money.
If it's principle, I get that. But I can sneeze and spend $800.

Reactions
$800 a year is not that much money.
If it's principle, I get that. But I can sneeze and spend $800.
Not the point, at this point its becoming DLC. Reminds me of BMW when they were in the process of charging yearly? for heated seats.

If the item is already in the car and build with it, I dont see any reason of paying more on top of the car. Just dont put it to the car to begin with, most people wont care for it anyways. Im perfectly happy with the current "Smart cruise" that it has already on older models. Its not a 3rd party subscription, it's Ford's lol

The way I see, its extra crap that can and will fail at one point, and will need to pay extra to fix it especially if its tied with other components.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
To be honest, I have zero interest in driving a car that I am not in control of at all times. Zero. But I’m old. Having said that, I’m sure blue cruise is better than many drivers on the road

Hard no on the price too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
Still deciding between ST or Platinum. I really wish the ST had Black wheels instead of Magnetite. WTF was Ford thinking? Adaptive Headlamps are a nice touch on the Plat, but that Grill, meh. Really love the Paddle shifters that are on my wife's 17 Explorer Sport, so leaning more towards 25 ST. Plus tighter handling and a tad more torque with 3.58 Axle. Here's the order guide to help you decide. Decisions, decisions. Any thoughts are appreciated.
The Platinum comes with a paddle shifter (at least mine does). And also when you put it in sport Mode. The gear shift ratio gets higher. Makes the suv feel like a sports car. The suspension gets tighter, the gear changes quicker. And the suv will not take going below 60 as an speed.

Reactions
The Platinum comes with a paddle shifter (at least mine does). And also when you put it in sport Mode. The gear shift ratio gets higher. Makes the suv feel like a sports car. The suspension gets tighter, the gear changes quicker. And the suv will not take going below 60 as an speed.
The 20 Platinum came with paddle shifters, later one's didn't. Far as suspension changes on different drive modes, i dont believe thats the case for any Explorer including the ST. Far as I know, none of the Explorer's come with an adaption suspension option so its impossible to do that.

Sports mode only adds a lighter throttle feel and holds gears longer so it "feels" faster or drops to a more appropriate gear, There is no difference in power between Normal, Sports, Eco drive mode. Mashing the pedal in any of these drive modes will give you 100% power, only difference is the shift points and/or dropping of lower gear

Last edited:
OP
N

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Thread Starter #76
Good question...I think GM's Super Cruise subscription is "only" $25/month. Prepare for many more subscriptions for option features (massage seats, etc.).

Reactions
I like the
From what I heard in the video, the 2025 items are:
-improved motor
-different rims
-more speakers
-better material internal
-newer front/back ends
-blacked out roof
-infotainment system gets away from Sync + new look
-new dashboard
-more plugs/cupholders
-different badging/new locations for badging
Didnt catch the part about the motor improvements, what did they improve? Or was it not the 3.0 engines

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Didnt catch the part about the motor improvements, what did they improve? Or was it not the 3.0 engines
Powertrain is the same from everything I have watched/read.

88lx50

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I think the 2.3 got improvements. The 3.0 is the same.

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Not the point, at this point its becoming DLC. Reminds me of BMW when they were in the process of charging yearly? for heated seats.
This is a flat out lie. Who told you this?