Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2023 ST FORScan Question

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hi all, I have a FORScan question for any 2023 ST owners. Admin please move this thread if it’s in the wrong area. I just took delivery of my 2023 ST yesterday and have already started making some modifications. Today I connected my truck to FORScan and wanted to make a few changes such as disabling the double honk and enabling Bambi mode, but ran into an issue with the module scanning. FORScan doesn’t recognize BCM, only BCMC. Have any 2023 owners found the same issue? I figure it might have to do with the 23’s being so new still and that future updates will include more 2023 database. Any guidance you all can provide would be greatly appreciated, I had no issues with making changes to my 2022 ST.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
That could very well be. Also, you didnt mention what adapter? Sometimes generic ines are problematic.

OP
J

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I’m using OBDLinkMX+

OP
J

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Never had an issue with it on any other Ford. Used it just the other day on my 2022 Bronco Everglades without any issues.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Most likely they don't have the 23's in the database yet. Every year someone goes thru this, forscan doesn't work until they bring out the update for the new model year. Shoot forscan an email requesting an update for the 23's

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Hi all, I have a FORScan question for any 2023 ST owners. Admin please move this thread if it’s in the wrong area. I just took delivery of my 2023 ST yesterday and have already started making some modifications. Today I connected my truck to FORScan and wanted to make a few changes such as disabling the double honk and enabling Bambi mode, but ran into an issue with the module scanning. FORScan doesn’t recognize BCM, only BCMC. Have any 2023 owners found the same issue? I figure it might have to do with the 23’s being so new still and that future updates will include more 2023 database. Any guidance you all can provide would be greatly appreciated, I had no issues with making changes to my 2022 ST.
Curious, did you find a solution to your problem?
I just got my 2023 ST and want to know what to expect.

OP
J

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Not yet, FORscan has not updated the vehicle database to include all 2023 models as of now. Connectivity is still somewhat limited. I’m hoping with the next update I’ll be able to access more modules. Really getting tired of the double honk lol.

domanows

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Just chiming in. I also have a 2023 Explorer ST and only see the BCMC Module which contains a very limited number of addresses (6F0-01-01, 6F0-01-02 6F0-01-03, 6F0-01-04, 6F0-01-05 6F0-02-01, 6F0-02-02, and 6F0-02-03).
In addition to disabling the double honk, and enabling Bambi mode, I am going to change the country code in the APIM so I can use the nav, search music, and hopefully use the forward facing camera while vehicle is in motion.

I heard there is a new beta of Forscan out that may resolve the issue.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If you have a license, you can email the Forscan people for the latest beta version that might include support.

domanows

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I do have a license. I have posted for support on their forum as well. I am running the 2.3.50 software with the OBDLink EX interface.
I was hoping to verify with others on this forum that I wasn't going crazy. I am on the fence about trying the beta version of Forscan.
I can see the APIM and BCM on my friends older 2017 Explorer but wanted to verify that there isn't something incompatible with my cable when hooking up to a 2023.

Thanks much

OP
J

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
No solution as of yet. I am running software version 2.3.50 along with either OBDLink MX+ or EX.

OP
J

JDHRNC

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
Checked yesterday and 2.3.51 has been released. Used it today to disable double honk and enable Bambi mode.

domanows

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Awesome! Thanks for the update!

SeaRay

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer AWD Limited Hybrid
Been using it since 2020.....with that said be careful.... double horn beep disable worked fine as did using fog lamps with park and or high beams and even added auto mirror tilt in reverse until it got too much to deal with. This Saturday spent hours trying to UN F the 22R27 recall program auto parking brake, The maintence mode works but didn't find any way to disable auto Parking Brake.....I clear the logs when finished and Be aware the ForScan site is Hosted in Russia. Years ago they were very helpful with a problem I had on my 2020 and sent me a beta version which fixed it. I'm thinking of contacting them again and beg for a auto park brake fix.

used latest version 2.3.51

SeaRay

Reactions
Vehicle
Just chiming in. I also have a 2023 Explorer ST and only see the BCMC Module which contains a very limited number of addresses (6F0-01-01, 6F0-01-02 6F0-01-03, 6F0-01-04, 6F0-01-05 6F0-02-01, 6F0-02-02, and 6F0-02-03).
In addition to disabling the double honk, and enabling Bambi mode, I am going to change the country code in the APIM so I can use the nav, search music, and hopefully use the forward facing camera while vehicle is in motion.

I heard there is a new beta of Forscan out that may resolve the issue.
Changing the country? Please report back how that worked!

domanows

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Changing the country code worked perfectly.
The only thing it didn't allow me to do was access the cameras while driving.
I can search music and navigate with the GPS while driving without issue

SeaRay

Reactions
Vehicle
Interesting Which Country did you select?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I just updated a few settings using FORScan today on my 2023. When looking for the Fog Light setting it wasn't under Fog Lights if High Beam is On. On mine it was labeled Using Front Fog With High Beam.
I turned off FENG as well, so glad those 2 settings completely disable it. I've got a Thermal exhaust coming and want to hear it!

domanows

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I didn't know anything about FENG. I may disable it as well.