Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 Helm Service Manual Available

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just letting people know. I have been waiting for it to be available and I just ordered it. I have purchased a Helm manual for every vehicle I have owned. They are expensive but show everything, every torque, every procedure, every code, everything. Invaluable IMO

www.helminc.com

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Did I read that right... $2999 for a CD & a one year subscription?

I'm old school, I want a printed manual in my hands.

OP
C

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
No, $200 for a CD. I too prefer paper. My Sierra was a 5 volume set of printed manuals. My last GM truck was a flash drive. I usually print the pages I am interested.

OP
C

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Just received mine today. Comes in a CD. I had to rig up an external cd drive. First bad, the software looks like circa 1995. Second bad, you must have the CD available for the program to run. Working on a method to copy contents to hard drive so it will run without the cd but so far no luck.

The good news is the information appears very thourough. Just looked at the procedure to swap the rear subframe.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
OP
C

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Is this better than the Ford service manual?

I've used the free online version and for the few things I've used it, it's pretty good. Here's the rear subframe link:
https://www.foexplorer.com/ford_explorer_removal_and_installation_rear_subframe-1496.html
At least that section appears to be the same. I like free and online too but have had a few occasions where it wasn't available when I really needed it. I actually prefer paper but then again I'm rather old school.

The online one also appears to cover 2020-22 whereas the Helm is 2022 specific. Don't know if that means there is any more specific into in the 2022 for 2022 models.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Is this better than the Ford service manual?

I've used the free online version and for the few things I've used it, it's pretty good. Here's the rear subframe link:
https://www.foexplorer.com/ford_explorer_removal_and_installation_rear_subframe-1496.html
I bought this CD about a month or so . I was told it is basically the service manual. But I wish I could have just found a paper booklet!!! But it will tell u how to do something and it may say see # 0090 or whatever j u can just click it and it will take you to the area they wanted you to see to be able to do the job ur doing. I hope that made sence ... I was wondering if I would be able to copy it for my self. That way if I mess up the original cd I have an extra or 50.....

OP
C

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I bought this CD about a month or so . I was told it is basically the service manual. But I wish I could have just found a paper booklet!!! But it will tell u how to do something and it may say see # 0090 or whatever j u can just click it and it will take you to the area they wanted you to see to be able to do the job ur doing. I hope that made sence ... I was wondering if I would be able to copy it for my self. That way if I mess up the original cd I have an extra or 50.....
You can make a copy. You make an image file of the flash drive or cd. Install the software. Copy the image to your pc and mount it as a drive. Then there is a .ini or .cfg file you edit to change the path of the source from the flash drive letter to the mounted drive image. I did this on my pc and keep the flash drive and another image for backup.

If you have trouble, let me know. I’ll be home on Sunday and can check the file I modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yea I was saying if I made copies for my friends to just look at, wink wink