Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 Black on Black ST

JRJST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 FORD ST
Hello and early Happy Easter to All,

I am a new member here and just placed an order for a ST with the 401A package. Ordered about 3 weeks ago so I am now impatiently waiting until probably September. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a VIN? Also have been thinking about getting an extra set of rims for winter tires. Any suggestions for an affordable good looking aftermarket rims? Thinking about 20's for the winter tires. Thanks in advance.

-Jim

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Congrats, we have similar orders. We ordered ours on 2/28 and still don't have a production schedule date...so, no VIN yet. It's a very different system from my 2021 RAM 1500 order where I had the VIN the next day.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Find a set of take off 20's with tires from a 2020+ explorer or aviator, or just buy some cheap aftermarket wheels you like and the stock 20 size is 255/55/20

I ran my factory 20's thru the winter and they do just fine. We don't get hammered here in the Cleveland area as bad as say Buffalo does so a decent A/S tire is good enough. This is the factory 20 tire ford uses on the ST's

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...VR0PASXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Aviator
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a VIN?
My order back in Nov. took about a week to get the VIN after the order confirm email. Good luck on the order, I wish you a speedy build/delivery!

FNTony496

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Atlas Blue ST
Hello and early Happy Easter to All,

I am a new member here and just placed an order for a ST with the 401A package. Ordered about 3 weeks ago so I am now impatiently waiting until probably September. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a VIN? Also have been thinking about getting an extra set of rims for winter tires. Any suggestions for an affordable good looking aftermarket rims? Thinking about 20's for the winter tires. Thanks in advance.

-Jim
Did you get your Vin? I ordered 5/10 got my Vin 5/18 with production schedule of 6/27.

OP
J

JRJST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 FORD ST
Thread Starter #6
FNTony496,
I recieved my VIN on 4-21-22 and it was built of 5-9-22 and I picked it up from the dealer on 5-19-22. I consider myself lucky after following this thread and seeing the wait time others have had. I must say this car is awesome! I got the smaller display and ordered it with out the moonroof. I have a hunch that those two items helped advance my production date but I could be wrong.

Best of luck to you!

-Jim

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Nice! Swore I’d never own another black vehicle. Nothing looks better than freshly detailed black. Nothing looks worse a few hours later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
looks amazing. I wanted Black also but then ran into the carbonized grey. then I had to have that one. After buying the carbonized grey I want black now. lol if I got black I would want the carbonized grey. that's how screwed up my brain works.
you need some lowering springs and tinted windows for perfection. IMO

OP
J

JRJST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 FORD ST
Thread Starter #11
Nice! Swore I’d never own another black vehicle. Nothing looks better than freshly detailed black. Nothing looks worse a few hours later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are absolutely correct. With all the pollen it constantly seems dirty. Washed it twice last weekend!

OP
J

JRJST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 FORD ST
Thread Starter #12
looks amazing. I wanted Black also but then ran into the carbonized grey. then I had to have that one. After buying the carbonized grey I want black now. lol if I got black I would want the carbonized grey. that's how screwed up my brain works.
you need some lowering springs and tinted windows for perfection. IMO
Carbonized grey is awesome too. Wife Nixed the tint because she didnt want to have trouble driving it but I aggree with you. Also agree on the lowering springs!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard!