Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2021 XLT, air conditioner/climate controls stopped working

Daamus

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 XLT
I know its an XLT but was hoping for some advice. Was driving home from work when i noticed the AC stopped blowing. looked down and all the lights are off on the climate controls, power button doesnt turn it back on and nothing is working.

Get home and I think maybe restarting the car would work, nope nothing, its like it has no power and also the temp sensor on the dash just shows *-- instead of a number

Have spent the last little while trying to figure it out, checking every single fuse and searching google up and down but cant find a solution.

Right now im scheduled at the dealership in the morning but they wont even diagnose it for 3-5 days and they dont provide loaner cars. Im at 39k miles and I have a solid extended warranty but would rather avoid taking it to the dealership.

Anyone have any thoughts on my issue? What would yall do in my situation? Thanks in advance

EDIT: So I took it to the dealership this morning. I noticed a few other things not working on the drive there; Auto Hold on/off button, Auto start/stop button, driving mode selectors were all non-responsive. Although the, gear selector knob, parking brake and traction control buttons from the same area are all still working. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

hbalek

Reactions
I know its an XLT but was hoping for some advice. Was driving home from work when i noticed the AC stopped blowing. looked down and all the lights are off on the climate controls, power button doesnt turn it back on and nothing is working.

Get home and I think maybe restarting the car would work, nope nothing, its like it has no power and also the temp sensor on the dash just shows *-- instead of a number

Have spent the last little while trying to figure it out, checking every single fuse and searching google up and down but cant find a solution.

Right now im scheduled at the dealership in the morning but they wont even diagnose it for 3-5 days and they dont provide loaner cars. Im at 39k miles and I have a solid extended warranty but would rather avoid taking it to the dealership.

Anyone have any thoughts on my issue? What would yall do in my situation? Thanks in advance
My extneded warranty includes loaner so maybe yours does too.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
did you try disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting after a few minutes? Do you have a code reader?

OP
Daamus

Daamus

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 XLT
Thread Starter #4
My extneded warranty includes loaner so maybe yours does too.
Thanks, after finding the details it looks like mine does too

OP
Daamus

Daamus

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 XLT
Thread Starter #5
did you try disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting after a few minutes? Do you have a code reader?
I did not and I do not. Will be taking it to the dealership this morning unfortunatley