Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2020 puddle lights

T5ewell

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Has anyone been able to come up with a way to enable the puddle lights in any other way besides when the door opens? I love the look in pictures, but I hate that the interior lights come on and ruin my night shots. I’d love to make it come on with the fog lights, or with DRL’s or even on when in park.
Adversely, any way to prevent the interior dome lights from coming on with the puddle lights?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I thought there is a special mode you can enable in forscan that disables interior lights from coming on. My understanding is it has to do with police versions. I’ll see if I can find the name.
Edit: it’s just called dark mode. I know it was available on the 5th gen. Not sure about 6th gen.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
There is a button next to the map lights at the top of the windshield that will permanently turn off all dome lights.