Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

10000 mile mark?

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just hit 10k on my 2022 ST and it just flipped back to 0. Is that how it’s supposed to look or is there an option that I might have pressed lol

Attachments

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That's your trip odometer. If it reset, no idea why other than inadvertant button hitting :).

hbalek

Reactions
Theres a limit to how long the trip odo goes on the Explorer. Mine reset several times on its own since I bought it 28,500 miles ago. Oddly it resets the mileage but not the time or MPG automatically. There are so many weird electronic glitches. Mine also shows oil life from 100% to 97% then shows 0% for 96% the goes back to 95%. All the while showing the correct oil life percentage on the FordPass app. There's no way to accidentally reset anything. You have to hold the button down for at least 5 seconds.

OP
BigAnt75

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Lol I’ll trade it in and say it only has 300 miles on it lol jk I know they can figure it out but wouldn’t that be a trip lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
So I would assume the TRIP odometer can only display a maximum of four digits and then returns to zero. That would be typical. How many miles does your TOTAL MILES odometer lower in the dash show?