Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

1/4” Hub-centric spacers

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Has anyone found 1/4” hub-centric spacers that work for the Exploder ST? Need some clearance for the WK2 Calipers.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You won’t find hub centric that thin because the hub protrudes more than that. That said...a slip on spacer up to 6mm will still have enough hub protrusion to maintain a hub-centric wheel fit.
Honestly...given how much better it looks I’d go ahead and do the 1”F and 1.25”R Bora spacers and push those oem wheels out to where they should be.

OP
Sch0227

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
OP
Sch0227

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
You won’t find hub centric that thin because the hub protrudes more than that. That said...a slip on spacer up to 6mm will still have enough hub protrusion to maintain a hub-centric wheel fit.
Honestly...given how much better it looks I’d go ahead and do the 1”F and 1.25”R Bora spacers and push those oem wheels out to where they should be.
Just looking for a little caliper clearance for now. I’d like to get the WK2’s clearing on the stock wheels w/ minimal changes first. Will probably switch to a larger wheel at some point.

Reactions
RB 6 pot caliper kit (380mm) typically can fit 19" wheels like for the newest Corvette C8, and for Mercedes OE 19" wheels it can go up to 390mm rotors.
You don't necessary need a larger wheels rather you need a wheel profile that has more spoke clearance.

Danzig

Reactions
I'm trying to get some confirmation on this, so to save myself another 15 minutes reading arguments on here... With the H&R springs do you think the the 1" and the 1.25" are still safe from rubbing?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
There won’t be any rubbing. With the 1” front spacer you’ll need to trim a bit off the oem studs. Some have gone to 1.25” all around because they don’t wanna trim anything.

Reactions
I'm trying to get some confirmation on this, so to save myself another 15 minutes reading arguments on here... With the H&R springs do you think the the 1" and the 1.25" are still safe from rubbing?
I have this exact setup and you will not have any rubbing just like UNBROKEN said. He is also correct that you will have to cut the stock stud about 1/4" in order to allow the wheel to sit flush against the spacer.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I have 1.25" F and 1.5" R BORA spacers using stock Street Pack 21" wheels and there is no rubbing.

@Sch0227 .... seriously, don't bother with the slip on small spacers. the stock wheels when moved out to the appropriate spot look sooooo much better. BORA makes a really good product.

Danzig

Reactions
Awesome, thank you.

OP
Sch0227

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
do you have a link to the Bora spacers?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
do you have a link to the Bora spacers?
here you go. you are going to want at least 1.25" if you don't want to be cutting your stock wheel studs. I did 1.25" front, 1.5" rear. looks perfect. no rub and maybe protrudes from the wheel well just enough you see tire bulge but no tread.

https://www.motorsport-tech.com

1621728929665.png

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Are you folks using the aluminum or steel spacers?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Aluminum. Per recommendation from Motorsport tech. I even posed the “what if” of taking it to the drag strip with 500+ hp and they said aluminum would be fine. The steel spacers are more intended for rock crawling or 2500+ HD series trucks...

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I assumed it would be aluminum. Thanks.

Reactions
I don't have my ST yet, still on order, but I'm curious if anyone has before and after shots of the wheels with the bora spacers? Also these things basically just bolt onto your stock wheel studs and then the rim goes onto the studs now on the spacer correct?

Thanks,
-Russ

Reactions
I don't have my ST yet, still on order, but I'm curious if anyone has before and after shots of the wheels with the bora spacers? Also these things basically just bolt onto your stock wheel studs and then the rim goes onto the studs now on the spacer correct?

Thanks,
-Russ
That is correct. As stated earlier in this thread, if you go with 1.25" or larger you don't have to do any trimming. Personally, I think 1.25 on the front puts the wheels out too far so I went 1.00 front and 1.25 rear. I haven't received them yet or I would share pictures. They are supposed to arrive next week and I will share before and after pics once I have them installed.

Nitsuj

Reactions
That is correct. As stated earlier in this thread, if you go with 1.25" or larger you don't have to do any trimming. Personally, I think 1.25 on the front puts the wheels out too far so I went 1.00 front and 1.25 rear. I haven't received them yet or I would share pictures. They are supposed to arrive next week and I will share before and after pics once I have them installed.
@patricklb1 did they give you an ETA for your spacers? Looking to order mine, but the lead time looks crazy.

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
To each our own, here's a shot I did of no spacers on left (drivers) side, 1.25" Bora spacers on both front and rear passenger side, no issues with that spacing, get's lots of compliments.
1631316888228.png