Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ziebart

Chief28

Reactions
I finally got the truck to Ziebart for undercoat/rust protection after owning it for 2 months. I’ve had all my vehicles protected (harsh CNY winters) with their product without any issues. Well, I get home from work and notice what appear to be drip marks on the hood and grille. So, I call them and ask for the manager. He’s gone for day (closing time) and I explain the situation to the woman on the phone. She tells me it’s probably just overspray and it’s not uncommon. She says to bring it back in and they have a “chemical solution” to get it off. I am feeling a little uneasy about the situation, am I overreacting? Here are some pics B1E0D4C2-76B0-48BF-95BC-7D62E9515866.jpeg
69E5C070-F164-438E-85D6-F9F14C8EAAFA.jpeg
E4769A8F-1F3F-4977-B5BA-D86E8A6EB09C.jpeg
0BC8D4A2-DA62-4674-8E89-F1CDB8F9D82B.jpeg

RLW

Reactions
Isn’t it just a wax product? She may be using the word “chemical“ loosely. See what the manager has to say. BTW... I grew up outside of Syracuse. Rhode Island is a tropical paradise compared to CNY!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
C

Chief28

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Isn’t it just a wax product? She may be using the word “chemical“ loosely. See what the manager has to say. BTW... I grew up outside of Syracuse. Rhode Island is a tropical paradise compared to CNY!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Never been to RI, I’ve left Syracuse twice, once for CA and the other for SC. Some how ended back up here lol.

I’m not exactly sure what they use or what is on my car for that matter. I took the vehicle back in this morning, they took it in the garage and said they’d take care of it. Brought it back out dripping wet and we looked it over. Of course being wet, it looked like it was gone. By time I get home, I notice the old spots are gone but now there are smaller more scattered spots over the hood and grille. I don’t know what caused these spots but I’m becoming very frustrated they can’t give me a straight answer.

RLW

Reactions
Hopefully those new spots are just water spots.

OP
C

Chief28

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I don’t think so, tried to clean them but no luck. Dropping it back off Monday and told the manager I don’t want it back until it’s spotless. He offered a free detail and wax for the inconvenience. So we’ll see...