Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ZFG Racing Tuning Deals

Reactions
I don't want to plug up the forum with thread adds so as I have deals for tuning I will post them in this thread!

scroll down for the latest deals!

Check the latest ZFG Racing LLC custom tuning package featuring the HP Tuners RTD (Remote Tune Device)! Use code: QUARANTUNED to get an extra $50 off until the end of may!

The RTD is an end user friendly device that allows reading of the factory ecu calibration and writing of tune file using RTD Flasher. The RTD also features the same great data logging and diagnostic experience as the MPVI2 using VCM Scanner. The RTD does not have access to VCM editor, if you wish to be able to edit your stock file, please see our mpvi2 package.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/product-page/zfg-racing-custom-tune-rtd-standard

ZFG+RTD.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Any deals for labor day?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
So I'm confused. HPTuners website says that only the MPVI2 is compatible with the Explorer ST. In addition, the MPVI2 is $300 and I assume the RTD MSRP is $225. A tune also requires 4 credits. Credits are $50.00. So a tuner + credits is $500 ($425 for RTD). Your MPVI2 package is $675 ($600 for RTD). Your normal custom tune alone is $300. Does that mean with a purchase of an RTD from you as part of this promotion, I'm basically getting a custom tune for $125 ($50 for RTD)? That seems insanely cheap! Or I'm extremely confused. Could we apply this same $50 quarantine discount for a MPVI2??? Why does HPTuners website say the ST must use a MPVI2?

Sorry for the word salad and lots of questions. You are the only tuner that posts in here and also seem like the only one that cares about after-sale support so my business is eventually coming your way.

LokiWolf

Reactions
So I'm confused. HPTuners website says that only the MPVI2 is compatible with the Explorer ST. In addition, the MPVI2 is $300 and I assume the RTD MSRP is $225. A tune also requires 4 credits. Credits are $50.00. So a tuner + credits is $500 ($425 for RTD). Your MPVI2 package is $675 ($600 for RTD). Your normal custom tune alone is $300. Does that mean with a purchase of an RTD from you as part of this promotion, I'm basically getting a custom tune for $125 ($50 for RTD)? That seems insanely cheap! Or I'm extremely confused. Could we apply this same $50 quarantine discount for a MPVI2??? Why does HPTuners website say the ST must use a MPVI2?

Sorry for the word salad and lots of questions. You are the only tuner that posts in here and also seem like the only one that cares about after-sale support so my business is eventually coming your way.
ZFG posted this deal over 3 MONTHS ago. It was an amazing deal!!! Not sure if they are doing any deals currently.

I suggest you follow the link and contact them directly.

The RTD can be used to tune the ST I am pretty sure.

I cannot recommend ZFG enough! You will not be disappointed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #5

The rtd and mpvi2 cost the same. They are both $299 with 0 credits. Credits are $49.99 you need 4.

The devices are the same except the rtd doesn't have access to editor so you can't build your own tune from stock (tunes are locked either way)

I sell the rtd package with bigger discount on the tune because that's what I keep in stock and the interface with rtd flasher is less confusing and I spend less time helping people.

So if you bought it all separately it would be $299+$199.96+300=798.96 but the package gives a rounded $100 discount at price of $699.

You get less of a discount with the mpvi2 because of the above reasons.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Going on now for Labor Day weekend get the latest ZFG Racing LLC custom tuning package featuring the HP Tuners RTD (Remote Tune Device)! Use code: LaborDay50 to get an extra $50 until Monday September 7th at 11:59!

The RTD is an end user friendly device that allows reading of the factory ecu calibration and writing of tune file using RTD Flasher. The RTD also features the same great data logging and diagnostic experience as the MPVI2 using VCM Scanner. The RTD does not have access to VCM editor, if you wish to be able to edit your stock file, please see our mpvi2 package.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/product-page/zfg-racing-custom-tune-rtd-standard

Reactions
How many credits do we select since the device comes with base credits? 2 or 4?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
you need 4 for the st

Reactions
can you disable auto start stop and have the dash show what gear your in all the time?

How much power should we expect to see with a 93 octane tune?

Last edited:
OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
can you disable auto start stop and have the dash show what gear your in all the time?

How much power should we expect to see with a 93 octane tune?
Yes and yes and around 75

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Reactions
This much power!

People get hung up on the HP number. Who cares. It is what is can actually do on the street that matters.

Very low 4’s 0-60 is what it is capable of. The adjustments ZFG makes in Sport for the shifting is good for several 10ths of that. Not just about the power. Modern tunes are way more than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
This much power!

People get hung up on the HP number. Who cares. It is what is can actually do on the street that matters.

Very low 4’s 0-60 is what it is capable of. The adjustments ZFG makes in Sport for the shifting is good for several 10ths of that. Not just about the power. Modern tunes are way more than that.

This

You can have 5000hp, but if you can't put it down it's pointless.

A 4 second 0-60 time is great for sports car, it's even better on a 60k 7 seater SUV

Alot of cars are going to get their feelings hurt by a dad mobile

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Reactions
This

You can have 5000hp, but if you can't put it down it's pointless.

A 4 second 0-60 time is great for sports car, it's even better on a 60k 7 seater SUV

Alot of cars are going to get their feelings hurt by a dad mobile

Yep, do it all the time! Even more fun on E50! Take 3 10ths off that time!

Reactions
Yep, do it all the time! Even more fun on E50! Take 3 10ths off that time!

I wish we had ethanol blended fuel in Canada

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Any current deals @ZFGracing ? Looking to get a 93 tune with ZFGR RTD+ as a package. Can you also back out the tune for service work at the dealer?

Reactions
Has anyone got a 93 tune from ZFG with the following mods?
Whipple IC
Borla Atak exhaust
SPD downpipes
Any numbers you care to share?
Wondering if any 93 octane tune with noted mods can break into the mid 3sec range?
I hear no way possible unless you get into other things..

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
If you’re on stock turbos the only one of those parts actually helps overall performance, and that is the IC. The downpipes and exhaust are for the cool noises that tend to trick people into saying it adds more power.

With this car (and my 2018 3.5 TTEB Raptor), tuned and stock otherwise is the best overall engine performance. Now if you go bigger turbos, then the potential powers, is much greater.

I don’t think there is enough “relatively safe” power available on a 93 tune. Adam (ZFG) tends to tune for great power, but as a business tuner for street cars he must leave a bit more engine reliability margin than say, a self-tuner or competition racer.

LokiWolf

Reactions
If you’re on stock turbos the only one of those parts actually helps overall performance, and that is the IC. The downpipes and exhaust are for the cool noises that tend to trick people into saying it adds more power.

With this car (and my 2018 3.5 TTEB Raptor), tuned and stock otherwise is the best overall engine performance. Now if you go bigger turbos, then the potential powers, is much greater.

I don’t think there is enough “relatively safe” power available on a 93 tune. Adam (ZFG) tends to tune for great power, but as a business tuner for street cars he must leave a bit more engine reliability margin than say, a self-tuner or competition racer.
Not true, while most aftermarket exhaust will do little for performance, the DownPipes DEFINITELY help performance if the tune is adjusted for them. This is well documented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I’m going to dyno mine next week in CT! Mods 93 tune spd downpipes Whipple ic , thermal exhaust fully system with mud pipes

LokiWolf

Reactions
I’m going to dyno mine next week in CT! Mods 93 tune spd downpipes Whipple ic , thermal exhaust fully system with mud pipes

ZFG or another tuner…?