Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Xplan - How long for Pin?

Widirtfishing

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2018 F150 - looking at new STs
I have been a Ford Stock owner since the market tanked at the beginning of the Rona crisis.
I met all criteria and send my application and stock statements into Ford probably like 4 months ago. I still haven't received any communications or PIN information from Ford.
Does anyone know about how long it took to get their PIN?

Thanks!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You can negotiate a better deal anyway…those plans are pretty useless.

OP
W

Widirtfishing

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
I feel i would be hard pressed to be able to negotiate a better deal in the current climate.
maybe things will be different in 9 months, but you think I could get a brand new ST under invoice?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
My last one took forever. I finally had to start making noise up the chain to get a PIN.

OP
W

Widirtfishing

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
My last one took forever. I finally had to start making noise up the chain to get a PIN.
..... wonderful lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I wouldn’t have believed it had I not had that experience myself.

Not long after I get the PIN (my second), my wife found something she wanted on the lot. She began negotiating, focused mostly on the value of her trade. Once she got “within range”, I got involved. I asked the salesman (same one I bought the ST from) to give me the X-Plan price. The unit was on the way to the dealership and I agreed to the deal.

When the car arrived and we began the paperwork, I asked him, “Just for fun, would you calculate your best price without the X-Plan? Maybe it’s best for both of us that I keep it against the day you finally find me a Maverick”.

Before I get to the punchline, keep in mind that I was there to do the previously agreed deal and drive the car home. After his boss calculated their best NON X-Plan price, I saved a few bucks. There must be a better holdback or inventive for them to sell without the X-Plan. Otherwise, those were dollars out of their pocket.

Go figure.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
People are starting to claim they are.
I wouldn’t have believed it had I not had that experience myself.

Not long after I get the PIN (my second), my wife found something she wanted on the lot. She began negotiating, focused mostly on the value of her trade. Once she got “within range”, I got involved. I asked the salesman (same one I bought the ST from) to give me the X-Plan price. The unit was on the way to the dealership and I agreed to the deal.

When the car arrived and we began the paperwork, I asked him, “Just for fun, would you calculate your best price without the X-Plan? Maybe it’s best for both of us that I keep it against the day you finally find me a Maverick”.

Before I get to the punchline, keep in mind that I was there to do the previously agreed deal and drive the car home. After his boss calculated their best NON X-Plan price, I saved a few bucks. There must be a better holdback or inventive for them to sell without the X-Plan. Otherwise, those were dollars out of their pocket.

Go figure.
3% below invoice plus all available rebates and/or 0% financing…I won’t pay a penny more. I’ve bought 11-12 new cars at that deal including two that are in the garage now.
And always negotiate any trade value after the deal is worked out.
On my wife’s new car I had an offer from CarMax for $23K equity…I held that info until we worked the new car deal then told them to either match it or I was selling it to them instead. His first “thought” was $10-12K in equity.

Pittsburgh.ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I agree that during normal times the plans might be useless. But in this market they are not at the majority of car dealers. There are always a few people that love to tell their war stories of how great they are at negotiating car prices.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I agree that during normal times the plans might be useless. But in this market they are not at the majority of car dealers. There are always a few people that love to tell their war stories of how great they are at negotiating car prices.
No…there are just people that won’t take a bad deal just to get a new car.

Bobisbad

Reactions
Vehicle
2008 IS350
No…there are just people that won’t take a bad deal just to get a new car.
It really depends on your location. In my area, dealers are selling inventory for 5-10k over msrp and won't take less than msrp on an order. One of the larger dealers near me has F-150 XLT's for over 90k. Sure, I could go up to Idaho to save a couple extra grand, but by the time I fly up there and drive home, I'll be pretty much in the same spot.