Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wrinkles

rmrenn75

Reactions
Going on 3mths since I purchased my Star White ST with street pkg.
Over all very happy except for the wrinkling of the leather. The passenger seat was so bad, the dealer put a new seat bottom cover on. Now the seat bottom and side panel don't line up properly.
I've noticed a little bit of a wrinkle in the back drivers side seat now.
These wrinkles are very noticeable.
Anyone else have this, or similar problem? Any ideas on aligning the side panel?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So far, our ST is okay. I’ve heard of others having issues. BTW, welcome to the forum!

Reactions
My 21 has a wrinkled driver's seat and a wrinkled middle seat.

"Made with Ford pride."

Reactions
The drivers side seat bottom on mine is more wrinkled than the passenger side by far. I had it submitted to Ford for warranty and they declined it stating normal wear. I took it to a leather guy and he smoothed it out a little bit it’s still noticeable

OP
rmrenn75

rmrenn75

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
The drivers side seat bottom on mine is more wrinkled than the passenger side by far. I had it submitted to Ford for warranty and they declined it stating normal wear. I took it to a leather guy and he smoothed it out a little bit it’s still noticeable
I used a leather cleaner- conditioner on mine and let it sit in the sun and it took some of the wrinkles out. Looks better.

F=MA

Reactions
My 21 has a wrinkled driver's seat and a wrinkled middle seat.

"Made with Ford pride."

Must have been getting close to coffee break time, after all, the clock is the most important piece of equipment in the building.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions
My drivers side has a wrinkle on it...once I sit down, I don't notice it:cool:
Butt I might try the leather conditioner;)

Reactions
My wife and I are looking at buying an ST. I’ve noticed almost all I’ve seen interior pics of already appears to have some wrinkles on them. Is that just how they are?

OP
rmrenn75

rmrenn75

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I had some on my front passenger seat. I had them replace the seat cover.. Even then, I had some wrinkles. Between using some leather conditioner and the heat, they eventually disappeared.
I actually went to a car upholstery shop and they told me that over time, between the natural transfer of moisture from person to leather, the stretching due to sitting and the heat would take them out and it has.