Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Would you upgrade to LCI 2024 ST or go with something else?

Forddealz

Reactions
I have been driving my ST for over three years but now I am not sure if I want to upgrade it to 2024 ST with a facelift or go for totally different SUV. What are your thoughts?

Reactions
I have been driving my ST for over three years but now I am not sure if I want to upgrade it to 2024 ST with a facelift or go for totally different SUV. What are your thoughts?
If I was going to change I would get the bmw x3 m40i. I'd like to switch but I got too much into this thing now.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
RS Q8 is the only other suv I’d be interested in owning.

hbalek

Reactions
Same here! I got an ESP for 4 years last December and new tires this month so I should probably keep this thing.

Draco-REX

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
It looks to me that the 2024 isn't going to be much different from your current ST. If your current car isn't giving you trouble, keep it. It'll be cheaper and you can save up for a bigger upgrade down the road.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
The only things i like are the new dash and infotainment. And if the Bronco Raptor tune leaks over would be nice.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Vehicle purchases are usually heart over head decision for most. So my views won't matter to you.

I like to keep my vehicles for long and whatever problems comes on the way can be dealt with less out of pocket expenses than buying a new vehicle.

If you are looking at a worthy upgrade form ST, they are 1.5 to 2 times cost compared to Ford.

But if money is not a limiting factor, you should definitely try something else for 24, than a facelift ST. I don't like the front end of 24 and I would try to get the info screen from it though.

OP
Forddealz

Forddealz

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
If I was going to change I would get the bmw x3 m40i. I'd like to switch but I got too much into this thing now.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I was looking into X3 but I don't think that I would fit into into it. I am 6'4".

Maybe a loaded X5 40I but that is about 80K, 20K more then an ST.

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
SQ7 for 3 rows and fast but way more expensive

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Yeah, I was looking into X3 but I don't think that I would fit into into it. I am 6'4".

Maybe a loaded X5 40I but that is about 80K, 20K more then an ST.
Have you looked at the Genesis GV70 twin turbo 3.5L AWD Sport Prestige Plus?.......that's my next purchase.

OP
Forddealz

Forddealz

Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Have you looked at the Genesis GV70 twin turbo 3.5L AWD Sport Prestige Plus?.......that's my next purchase.
I did just now, but as soon as I read that Genesis is under Hyundai brand then I think it is not for me. I have to check it out in person but I am not a big fan of that oval like design. I like ST looks much much better. I read that they do give that 100,000 miles powertrain warranty for what it's worth.

hbalek

Reactions
I did just now, but as soon as I read that Genesis is under Hyundai brand then I think it is not for me. I have to check it out in person but I am not a big fan of that oval like design. I like ST looks much much better. I read that they do give that 100,000 miles powertrain warranty for what it's worth.
Kia looks better!

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
How about a 2024 VW Atlas SEL R-Line or I would possibly consider a 2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee L when they become available if improvements are made to the engine.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I agree 100% the Explorer ST curb appeal is hard to beat, I love it. I just cant handle the continuous QC issues. I'm on recall number 6 now waiting for more cameras to be released, SYNC is an absolute disaster with no improvement in sight. FordPass works maybe 60% of the time. The materials just aren't quality that can demand almost $70K now for a full load. I share same concerns about top tier Hyundai but Genesis has been smashing all the awards and their warranty is 5 years not 3 years like Ford. Their multimedia system is far superior to SYNC of any generation. Their materials inside are vastly improved over any Ford product. It bothers me to look elsewhere but I lived through My Ford Touch nightmare then SYNC3/4 so I have PTSD from all the bad memories.

Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST
I sold my 22 g70 for this ST. I drove the g80 3.5TT and it really wasn't very fast compared to my G70, and still a tick slower than this ST. The steering on the ford is superior, but the finish and infotainment shines on the genesis. Expect to pay 25k more for the genesis also and lose some third row comfort.

OP
Forddealz

Forddealz

Reactions
Thread Starter #16
I sold my 22 g70 for this ST. I drove the g80 3.5TT and it really wasn't very fast compared to my G70, and still a tick slower than this ST. The steering on the ford is superior, but the finish and infotainment shines on the genesis. Expect to pay 25k more for the genesis also and lose some third row comfort.
25K more then the ST or even 20K more can get you a fully loaded X5 Msport packaged vehicle with 22" wheels. I would rather go for reliability of X5 40I then any of the Genesis.

Reactions
25K more then the ST or even 20K more can get you a fully loaded X5 Msport packaged vehicle with 22" wheels. I would rather go for reliability of X5 40I then any of the Genesis.
I'll also take the X5! That B58 is a very strong and reliable engine and gets better MPG vs EB 3.0TT on top of being faster.

Explorer ST Posts