Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wish List

Blackssr

Reactions
My "Wish List" after 3 months of ownership and 7000 miles:
1) Sport Mode ( or any mode you prefer) on Start Up should be configurable in touch panel.
2) The ability to disable the "tailgate motion swipe mode". (Not all ST owners are senior citizens that need such a silly feature). Mine is freaking possessed and I will get it disabled one way or another.
3) Faster more responsive touch panel when changing stations or enabling/disabling features.
4) The ability to disable the useless "double horn honk" in the touch panel without using ForScan.
5) The ability to disable the useless Auto Start/Stop Engine in the the touch panel without a third party device.
6) A Factory Tune that would add about 100 HP and not void warranty. A 500 HP ST would the sweet spot for me even if a couple K option. It would worth if the warranty would remain intact.

These are small grievances and not at all show stoppers for me. I am thrilled with my purchase and will keep her for at least three years. I love the SUV and well worth the 52K+ I paid for her. I just wish Ford would allow a bit more control over minor features via the touch pad.
I average about 17.3 MPG on 93 octane. I never reset the MPG indicator since taking delivery 3 months ago. I guess that is about average for driving her somewhat aggressive.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Wondering what might happen if you simply put a piece of tape over the camera for the gate lift? Probably should have put this thought in the other thread.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
For #2 look under the bumper and just unplug the sensor.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
For #2 look under the bumper and just unplug the sensor.
I must be the blind. I cannot see what sensor to unplug. I am so sorry for being an idiot but I truly cannot find it. :-(