Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wireless Android Auto

Reactions
Has anyone managed to figure out how to use Android Auto wirelessly? I see the option on my phone, but it won't turn on Android Auto on the car unless I plug in my phone.
It this just not an option?

Reactions
Yeah, I don't believe Sync3 is wireless Android Auto compatible, unfortunately.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
You can get wireless AA for sync 3 with this https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/

It starts shipping soon.
I don't really trust those crowd funding projects. I've only ever backed one, and it was so promising. It raised a huge amount of money, no reason it should have ever failed. Yet it did, nothing was ever delivered to anyone.

I'll wait for something like this to hit the shelves though, thanks!

xjesterx

Reactions
I don't really trust those crowd funding projects. I've only ever backed one, and it was so promising. It raised a huge amount of money, no reason it should have ever failed. Yet it did, nothing was ever delivered to anyone.

I'll let you know when mine comes in it should be shipping soon

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

HA.........same thing happened to me. Only backed 1 and got burned. Never again.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
I have the AAwireless, OttoCast, CarPlayAIbox and now have the new OttoCast underway. The AAWireless sofar has worked best but (especially with spotify) every now and then it drops connection for a second.

The CarPlayAI box takes a LONG time to boot up and is very slow when in use. Also it doesn't respond to well to screen input and scrolling is horrible. Definitely DO NOT get this one.

The original OttoCast didn't work that great but heard good things about the newest one, and as it's also a standalone Android unit i hope it will work better.

I want to use a standalone device as my phone (Samsung Galaxy S22+) is getting extremely hot when using wireless android auto and have it in the wireless charging tray. Especially so when using it to navigate, listen to music and having an app to warn me for speedcams, it will get so hot the phone starts to lag. But well, using it with android auto while it is in the wireless charger is kind of the whole idea, isn't it? So hopefully the new OttoCast will work as advertised but my hopes aren't that high tbh.