Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

wipers

db6

Reactions
what after market wiper blades do you use?
I picked up my ST in the beginning of Sept. The wiper blades really smeared the windshield. Since it was a January build, I had the dealer replace the wiper blades. They seemed to work better for a while, but are now smearing again. Plus they stutter across the windshield in light rain. I've looked at a few after market blades, but the all seem to use the J hook attachment that doesn't seem compatible with the Explorer.

Thanks

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yea the Bosch Icons are pretty impossible to beat.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Does the windshield coating affect the rain sensing wipers at all? They tell you not to use RainX with auto wipers.
I actually don't know 100%. I have auto-sensing wipers turned off on this vehicle. I guess I could turn it on and see.... It's never been an issue before for me or an issue I've heard of.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I actually don't know 100%. I have auto-sensing wipers turned off on this vehicle. I guess I could turn it on and see.... It's never been an issue before for me or an issue I've heard of.
Thanks for the reply. I've never had a problem with RainX, but would hate to mess up the rain sensing function.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
like any ceramic coating, it has a finite lifespan. so i guess if it did bork things you could just wait until it wears off in a year or so

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
That makes perfect sense. I just ordered some and I'll post something on it once I try it. Thanks again for the reply.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
That makes perfect sense. I just ordered some and I'll post something on it once I try it. Thanks again for the reply.
Cool! I will do the same. I've turned auto-sensing back on, no rain in the forecast but will post up if it decides to do so. My coating is about 6 months old at this point.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Cool! I will do the same. I've turned auto-sensing back on, no rain in the forecast but will post up if it decides to do so. My coating is about 6 months old at this point.
I used the Gyeon costing today. It's the cleanest windshield I've had in a long time. No idea how it will work over time, but I liked it enough that I used the remaining on my Jeeps windshield.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
An update: The Gyeon coating works great. The windshield stays cleaner than before, and the rain sensing wipers work as they're supposed to. Thanks fro the tip.