Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wipers skip on windshield

JPM

Reactions
Vehicle
202 Explorer ST
Greetings all,

I have a 2020 ST and have continuously had issues with my windshield wipers. I have changed the blades three times in the two years I have owned the vehicle and every time after 4-5 weeks the blades start to skip across the windshield. The skip is very noticeable using the intermittent wiper mode and very distracting to boot. The last pair of blades I bought were Bosch ICON and they worked great for a month and now it's back to skip city. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks for any guidance,

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Clean your windshield better. Use 0000 steel wool dry then blow off the residue…no better glass cleaner on the planet. Then just use straight water for washer fluid so you don’t get crud build up again.

OP
J

JPM

Reactions
Vehicle
202 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thank you for the tips. I have owned all sorts of vehicles and never encountered this issue before.

Reactions
A little WD40 on the blades helps as well and doesn't leave streaks.

RLHerm

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I’m having the same issue. The techs that looked at mine said it’s possible they may need to replace the windshield due to a slight bow in it. ‍♀️ I am on my 4th set of wipers.

MikeS.

Reactions
This started happening to my ST and my wife's CX-9. I realized that it began when I started using Rain-X washer fluid.