Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Windshield leak interior

Reactions
Hi All,

Anyone happen to notice if their front windshield, right in the area of the rear view mirror, leaks? Washing the ST today, it was almost 70 degrees in Salem, Oregon, and as I finished, I noticed a small bit of water dripping down the windshield right where the rear view mirror is on the inside.

Anyone else have/had this issue?

Thanks.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
No leaks, wondering if it’s connected to the sunroof in any way .

OP
Bryantbjb
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. I wondered about that as they did have to replace the sunroof. It’s a small bead of water that runs down the front window. Not much, just a small bead.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Some have reported improperly assembled sunroof drainage. Better get it to the dealer ASAP.
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/sun-roof-leak.960/#post-26638
and if they are assembled correctly, the drains get blocked & fill the cowl area behind the dash with water... then you get a gallon of water in the passenger footwell when you make a hard left turn. Some are so bad you can here the water splashing around when you turn. Ford/Lincoln sunroofs are a deal breaker for me. Apparently affects Aviators more than Explorers for some reason.